“Will be back” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toledo, Ohio
“Will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The service at the hotel was amazing. We were accommodated accordingly and it was an overall pleasurable experience. I will def be back

Room Tip: look on the internet
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Shawnee, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Started with the air conditoner not working, so we thought we'd open the window but to our surprize there was no screen. While discovering no screen we did discover crackers on the floor from a previous guest.

But the worst was when we turned down the bed to discover that the linens were stained, at least we hoped it was just stained! Terrible, just terrible.

We called the front desk and there were no other rooms available and no one available to look at the air conditioner until 11:30 pm. Not our favorite night 's stay during our 9 day vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel due to it's location. Just outside the noise of Cleveland. They offer an awesome shuttle service that I have used when my evenings downtown are a little too fun. :)

The staff is very attentive, but make sure to use your do not disturb sign if you plan to sleep past 10 am so the housekeeping crew won't knock.

The hotel has some great eats and a nice bar. The pool is beautiful.

It has just finished renovations and the lobbies are beautiful.

Everything was Great at this hotel and anytime I needed anything they have always been very attentive.

• Stayed June 2011
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was at this hotel for a conference. The hotel itself is a typical Crowne Plaza with very comfortable bedrooms and the complementary package of lavender spray, earplugs, etc. Having been stuck across from the vending machines and having young people/teenagers on the floor, I needed the earplugs. As is the case in many hotels, there was a very large desk but no drawer space to speak of. It worked fine as I was on my own; it would have been less fine if I had a roommate.
The restaurant was one of the most reasonably-priced I have encountered in a hotel, with sandwiches and fries starting at a mere $6.00 and a steak to be had for $18. Food ranged from good to excellent. My first night there I ordered a sandwich that was supposed to arrive with coleslaw but didn't. When I asked for it they didn't have any. When I said I should have been told this when I ordered, they took the whole sandwich off my bill. Now that's service! That said, service in the restaurant DID tend to be somewhat slow, with an order of nachos at one point taking a good 45 minutes to arrive.
The wine list is price-y; at $7.50 a glass and more, I was not motivated to sip wine while waiting. Serving staff and all other hotel staff were pleasant and efficient.
All in all, I would go back. The price is right and the comfort level mostly very good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Solon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Barb Williams and the entire staff made our and all our wedding guests needs a top priority. We received excellent care and the staff went above and beyond to meet our guest needs. From guest missing their shuttle to the reception to leaving artcles, the staff made the effort to get our guest to the reception and kept safe items forgot, so our guest could retrieve them. We were always greeted with a smile and warm hello, from the entire staff, including the maid service. Each staff member made us feel that they were happy to have us stay at their hotel.

We had a brunch the day after the wedding, which was set up in a private room with a large varitey of breakfast foods, from baccon, eggs, sausge, and pancakes, to yogarts, pastry, cereal and fresh fruit. The value for our money was exceptional.

The price for our stay was more then reasonable as the bridal packages made it very affordable and quality of service was first class all the way.

All my guests commented on how nice the Crowen Plaza is and would not hesitate to stay at one.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Spring Hill, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

My husband and I spent the Easter holiday to visits our children and grand children. We had done the same at Christmas.
The bell staff through housekeeping welcomes us back. The service everywhere was great. Our children and grandchildren suggested we eat out at a locale restaurant, the weather was cold and rainy and I suggested we eat in the hotel. They loved it and joined us for more dinners at the hotel.
Yes we will return again, and our family has also been back to enjoy the restaurant.
Dawn C

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Broadview Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Our wedding guests stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Independence. All of them commented about how lovely the hotel was, how comfortable the rooms were, and how nice the staff was. We also had our rehersal dinner in one of the hospitality rooms and everyone was so helpful and accommodating. Also, our guests used the shuttle to go to our reception---the driver even came up to the reception at the end to get people he had transported down to Windows on the River. I would recomment The Crowne Plaza to anyone and would use them again to accommodate our guests--even consider having a wedding there

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence? Share your experiences!