“Freakin disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn- Independence

You added Americas Best Value Inn- Independence to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn- Independence
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5555 Brecksville Rd, Independence, OH 44131 (Formerly Days Inn Independence)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Independence
“Freakin disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Dirtier than the local dump! Something nasty all over bathroom door, several years of trash under bed, armchair had some nasty stains(should be taken out back and burnt)and my wife an I slept on top of the covers because we were afraid to sleep under them. And there was no one at desk in the morning for me to check out. They should have PAID ME $45 to stay there!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Anna G, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Independence, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I apologize for inconvenience during your stay. We have brought your concerns to our staff's attention and will improve our services. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Auburn Hills
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

Do not stay here....I stayed long enough to cancel my reservation. I feel sorry for the people who work here!! The breakfast area was filthy. When we drove up, there were people congregated around the front desk, when they saw us, everyone scattered!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
I apologize for inconvenience you had during your stay. We have discussed the issues with our staff and will improve our services. Thank you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

I go to cleveland clinic every 4 months and that is how I found about this location. It's inexpensive place and convenient location going to cleveland clinic.Before I used to stay in downtown and it costs a lot on top of hospital, parking....Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I have been using this location from my past few visits. Not bad for price paid.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to post review. We hope it's going well with your health and hope to serve you again in future.
Warren, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

Reserved room for valentines weekend and got to hotel front desk area not clean got the room once you got off elevator the floors were dirty went in room there was a smell in room ash trays were dirty no towels in bathroom sheets were dirty chip paint on headboards the rail under bed was on the floor one bed was not made no telephone in room microwave was nasty could not hook up to the internet so we left and went to another hotel

Room Tip: Be sure to check out room before you pay for it
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015 via mobile

was looking for place as my house was getting remodeled .I called few places and found this cheap.this hotel needs some improvement in public areas but has great staff very helpful .I stayed in room 217 for 3 weeks .my stay was good .

• Stayed November 2014
La Porte, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

Thought I would stay for just a place to get some sleep. Wrong!! The dog across the hall barked all night. I went downstairs to request a new room and the guy claimed I could not get one because there was nothing wrong with the room and "he's not going to let the manager take it out of his check". Place was disgusting.

Room Tip: Don't come here!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Marietta, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

This is a budget motel and you have to keep that in mind. Don't expect the best of everything. Yes, the carpets in the hallways need replaced and the furniture isn't the best. There is no on-site restaurant, so you won't find bacon and eggs offered for breakfast. The bath towels and washcloths are not thick and fluffy. The internet is available only in the lobby. My room was supposed to have a microwave and didn't and the TV remote didn't work. Once the front desk was notified, these problems were corrected. My bed was comfortable, my room was clean. The staff, front desk and housekeeping were all very nice and friendly. You get what you pay for. It met my needs.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Independence? Share your experiences!