“Memorial Day getaway” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Dellroy, Ohio
“Memorial Day getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I decided to getaway for the weekend and we chose Hyatt for the indoor pool. We were not disappointed, the pool was clean and fairly large as hotel pools go. The room was very clean and very pleasing to the eye. All the employees were very nice and helpful. We had the room with a king bed and small living area. Breakfast was free with the room and there was a nice choice of items.We paid 138 for the one night. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Everywhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Place Cleveland. Check-in was quick and the room was large. The king suite had a king bed and large couch. One TV, maybe 32 or 40 inches that can swivel toward either the bed or the couch area. There was a small fridge, but no microwave. Bed was too soft for my liking. The bathroom area was small and the fan in the bathroom was deafening...seriously...it was very loud, and so was the air conditioner. There is no in-room safe. The wifi worked well. Breakfast was delish. We really enjoyed the skillet sandwiches and the waffles/French toast. There was also fresh fruit, oatmeal, donuts, yogurt, fruit cocktail and a variety of breads. We were there over memorial day weekend and the hotel was full, but we always found seating during breakfast. We got a great deal through Costco for $89 per night, but what we didn't like is the $25 per night incidental charge. According to the front desk, we will be refunded the charge on our credit card within 5-7 days. Parking was plentiful. There is also a indoor pool, but we did not utilize it. There is also a microwave in the pantry area near reception that is available for use.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Everything was very good. Room was large, immaculate, and nicely decorated. Bed was comfy.
Two different breakfast skillets offered - ham and cheddar or spinach, mushroom and mozzarella.
Lots of other selections. Yes, the bathroom door comes very close to the toilet but it's not a problem. Shower water pressure was excellent. Right off the highway a little south of the city. Rockside corners shopping mall .7 east of the highway has literally 10 different places to eat.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Steubenville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was in town on business and this was a convenient location to my office. Check in was fast. Room was clean and well kept. Air conditioning unit was a bit loud.
Breakfast was good. Great selection of hot and cold items.
The main breakfast area was packed- hotel was booked the week I visited- so it was difficult to find a space to eat. I ended up in my room.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to cut down on the overhead noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Easier to present this way
1. Pool was closed for repairs chose this hotel for pool. Here 4 nights need exercise
2. Found used bar of soap and empty shampoo bottle in shower. Took to front desk they just took it and gave me new, no offer to clean or change rooms
3. Older hotel lobby looks great rooms are dated with light cosmetic touch. NOT HYATT STYLE
4. Party in room next door finally called desk at 1 AM. Ralph said, per his assistant manager, he couldn't do anything unless a guest complained. So I did 45 minutes later no change. Called desk and ask if I should call police and Ralph said was up to me that they couldn't do any more about the noise
5 tv supposed to swivel between bedroom and sitting area. Ours would not. Reported and was told that maintenance would take care of. They did not

Here for memorial service. Needed sleep in nice hotel that would allow us to have our pet with us.
Next time we are here will not stay at this hotel.
Too many others , thought hyatt would be best.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night to get some alone time. The room was large and comfortable. The bathroom was tiny. The door was 1 inch away from hitting the toilet when you closed the door. I cannot imagine a larger individual moving around in there. My husband said the best thing about the hotel was the panel next to the desk that had every input/output you could think of for your electronic devices, video, audio, plug-ins. I didn't know what most of them were even for. The bed was comfortable. Pillows hard for my taste, but that is my fault. I take my pillow with me everywhere I go and I forgot it for this one night stay.

My biggest disappointment was the breakfast. I was really looking forward to the new egg white sandwiches that the website advertises being available at the Hyatt Place. There were no sandwiches. There was nothing remotely healthy offered. I can always turn to instant oatmeal but they didn't even have that. The had biscuits/gravy, runny eggs, bacon, donuts, bagels, and a few yogurts.
The other thing that really bothered me was the Wall Street Journal arrangement that they have. If you are a member of the loyalty program (I am) with Hyatt they delivery a Wall Street Journal to your room. Of course you assume it is complimentary, but there is a $1 charge on your bill. It states that you can return the WSJ and they will refund the dollar (very small print). I believe this policy is Mon-Fri. I am not complaining about the $1 charge but rather the manner that they have decided to go about it. Do not charge me for something I did not ask for. If they want to offer the WSJ to their loyalty guest it should be free or offered for a dollar at checkout or even check-in for the $1 charge. This is a pet peeve of mine.
Unfortunately, I left a few items in the bathroom at checkout. Did not notice it until I got home. I called and they said they had my things. Luckily, I only live 20 mins and was able to go back and pick them up.

NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I travel to Cleveland for work every month and the Hyatt has quickly become my favorite place to stay. In fact, I have not strayed away in over a year. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast skillet has a great selection and is perfect whether you want a quick bite, as I often do, or a nice sit down. The rooms have recently been renovated and look great. The size of the rooms, including the extra space with the couch and desk, is great when traveling on business or for the average leisure traveler. The room service menu has recently improved as well. Food is very good and fresh upon arrival. I've never had any problems with additional charges on my bill nor have I even had a bad experience. My only wish for future stays would be a microwave. Since there is a sink and refrigerator, I never quite understood the missing piece of the microwave. It won't change my mind on staying here of course, but it would be an added value!

The location is great as well. It is only about a 10 minute drive to downtown. I've never had any problems with noise either in my room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence? Share your experiences!