“A wonderful stay everytime” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Independence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
NY
“A wonderful stay everytime”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I travel to Cleveland for work every month and the Hyatt has quickly become my favorite place to stay. In fact, I have not strayed away in over a year. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast skillet has a great selection and is perfect whether you want a quick bite, as I often do, or a nice sit down. The rooms have recently been renovated and look great. The size of the rooms, including the extra space with the couch and desk, is great when traveling on business or for the average leisure traveler. The room service menu has recently improved as well. Food is very good and fresh upon arrival. I've never had any problems with additional charges on my bill nor have I even had a bad experience. My only wish for future stays would be a microwave. Since there is a sink and refrigerator, I never quite understood the missing piece of the microwave. It won't change my mind on staying here of course, but it would be an added value!

The location is great as well. It is only about a 10 minute drive to downtown. I've never had any problems with noise either in my room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ontario's Near North, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We recently came from Toronto to watch the Blue Jays play in Cleveland. This hotel was great - very clean and quiet. The kids enjoyed the pool. The staff was extremely friendly! It was about 10 minutes to downtown Cleveland. I would highly recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The hotel was fairly average for this price range. The room was spacious and quiet, but not quite comfortable. The climate control in the room was satisfactory despite the snow and cold temperatures outside. I stayed for a week with no major complaints about the room.

The lobby cafe and bar were a bit chilly due to the winter weather outside. Service in the cafe was friendly. Selections for snacks/meals was okay. The breakfast was reasonably nice. The breakfast sandwiches were a nice change from the typical "free hot" breakfast at some chains. The one odd thing was the TVs were all muted and hotel staff said they could not turn up the sound. We were trying to watch the Olympics in the evening and would have really enjoyed hearing some of the action.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We recently visited the Cleveland area to visit some friends and check out the area. After doing a lot of research on local hotels, we saw some of the best reviews for the Hyatt Place in Independence. We were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It looked like the hotel had been recently renovated. The rooms were very, very clean, new and the beds were comfortable. Lots of space for a hotel room. The television was great with a little "hub" on the side to connect various types of devices (VGA, HDMI, RCA).

The hotel staff was very nice, helpful and responsive to our requests. The breakfast was a typical breakfast for hotels, but perfectly acceptable. We stayed on the 6th floor and did not notice any noise (inside or outside) while in our room. Overall, this was an exceptional stay and we will stay there again if going to the Cleveland area.

Room Tip: Stay in a higher room. First floor is "pet friendly". So, if you have allergies, this is...
Green Features: The staff was extremely helpful and responsive to our requests. They provided a good breakfast for our family and accommodated our requests for room placement.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Panama, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Reservations were easy to make and the hotel accommodated our need for adjoining rooms without a hitch. With 8 kids, we often have trouble finding a hotel to stay in, but the adjoining rooms let us all stay in connected rooms with plenty of comfort. The breakfast was delicious and had good variety, the staff were very helpful and easily met any needs we had. It was a great visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
burlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great hotel! Breakfast was better than most chains.Room was clean and spacious. Quiet location considering closeness to interstate. Loved the 42 inch tvs and large couches in room . Stayed with team for a volleyball tournament. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

At check in you are charged $25 per night for any additional charges you may have for food,movies,drinks,etc. We stayed two nights and my bank card was swiped for two transactions of $50 each- Total- $100 ...It gets better.. after checking my bank account - my card had also been charged $46.82 for what I was told a " end of day authorization". When I called the hotel all they could say was it must have been a computer Glich! Half of the staff live at the hotel. Yes, that's right- they live there. The hotel is under renovations so the guys doing the work live there temporarily but several housekeeping staff and their families live there as well. Many different nationalities and 1/2 do not speak English. That was not my issue, however the Russian girl who swiped my card 5 times at check-in and said I was only charged the one time refundable charge of $50, confirmed my suspicion after I checked my bank account. Shady but nice. Still waiting on my money and explanation!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence? Share your experiences!