The room was for a balcony King suite, we had a one room with a brick wall with fake drapes as a wall covering. The phones never worked throughout the resort. No credit card machines worked, no room service or front desk to contact. The tub in the batroom was clogged daily. They offer a hot tub & it is nothing more than a drainage system for the indoor pool that smells like sulfur or rotting eggs. We ask the service in the pool area how to make it turn on...they replied that the hot tub was cold from so many people being in it! <lied> We paid a premium price for a resort on the lake; the lake is a 2 mile walk from the hotel through a marsh (bring OFF). While checking out the cops where in the lobby, I thought the 20 or so people in line where holding a mini-riot. It was very bad. The college party above us seemed to have a good time they where screaming all night long as a group. Again, the phones where out...no staff in sight. We ate the left overs for breakfast at the buffet, liquid eggs. No way will we return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lodge is set on 235 acres along the shores of Lake Erie, between the towns of Huron and Sandusky. Guestrooms offer TVs, phones with voice mail, coffeemakers, hair dryers, and irons with boards. Among the hotel's facilities are an 18-hole golf course, two swimming pools, 4 restaurants, and convention meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sawmill Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawmill Creek Hotel Huron
- Huron Sawmill Resort
- Sawmill Creek Resort Huron, Ohio