“Horrible Customer Service by Tom” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Plantation Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huron
Plantation Motel
You added Plantation Motel to your Saves list
2815 Cleveland Rd East, Huron, OH 44839   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Huron
“Horrible Customer Service by Tom”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We had booked a few days to stay heree in July 2012 and canceled in reply to our reservation email. The Plantation did not receive this notification & called us the day of to see when we were arriving. We got their voicemails the next day & called Tom back to inform he that we canceled & could forward him our email showing we did notify them. Tom was extremely rude & we could not get a word in edgewise. He said he was going to charge us one night for our rental (Over $300 had already been billed to the credit card on the day we were supposed to arrive before we even spoke to Tom). He let us know that he doesn't have time to check all his emails (btw this is a way that people submit reservation requests). I informed him I would forward him the email. Instead of being professional & stating that he could check over his emails just to be sure they didn't miss something he hung up on me. I called back & once again could not speak because Tom proceeded to tell me his life story about how he had a bad morning & that we should have compassion for people (I work in Hospice) & that someone is dying of cancer and continued to rudely ramble on not letting me speak & hung up on me again. To sum it up it is not our fault that he did not receive the notification due to his lack of time to check emails etc... He handled this situation very poorly & now we have to deal w/the credit card company & file a dispute (some compassion charging the card the same day of our orig. Arrival date before speaking to us the next day). He let us know thatnks for making him lose $1,200.00. Who treats possible customers like this. I've never spoken to a professional that was this bad. Don't stay here because apparently life situations seem to trump the fact that this is a business. Apparently the customer is wrong in Tom's eyes. When we return from our amazing trip in the Dells we will be forwarding Tom our email & I hope when he sees it he can re-consider how he speaks to people in a professional way & handles his operations.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saxonburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Plantation motel is a very relaxing, quiet place, with nice people and good value accomodations. For two years now, my wife and I stayed in one of the 1940's cottages for a week and enjoyed the small lakefront beach, the clean swimming pool, and just the general peace and quiet. Everyone is very friendly and Todd and his wife are friendly and welcoming!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bartlett, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Hello my name is Bruce Mirabella and I am a Professional Walleye tournament fisherman. My tour came through Lorain, OH last week and my team stayed at the Plantation Motel located in Huron, OH. The place was great. Inexpensive, fisherman friendly, and plenty of parking. The staff was always accommodating in every way. The fishery was spectacular, and I can not wait until we come back. For my money I will always stay at the plantation Motel due to these facts. Stop in for a few days and tell Todd, Mirabella said hello. Enjoy everyone and make sure you take a dip in the pool area as well. Thanks again guys.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

we stayed here in one of the rental houses, very clean, owner was very friendly, had a great time. would recommend to people. it is a very nice small motel with a great family atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Ossian, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Made reservation for a fishing trip with 6 buddies in November, specificly asked if the weather was bad and we cancled would that be an issue? Was told by Todd that he would not charge fisherman if the weather was bad and they cancled. Wave forcast was for 6 foot waves so I called the day before to change the date and was told by Todd that I should not listen to the forecast because it is never correct and if we didn't come and he didnt see white caps on the lake he was going to charge my credit card any way! When I argued with him he told me that he was going to cancel both days I had reserved and he would never let me make reservations again! He will not have to worry about that because I would never stay there ever again! Very rude and unprofessional.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Oak Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed here while fishing in a Walleye Tournament on Lake Erie. The accommodations are adequate for a fishing trip, but not much else. The rooms are very small, with barely enough room to move around the two double beds. The shades on the front window don't close properly, the air conditioner flat out doesn't work, and the shower is set at 5 feet--if you're taller than that you have to get into a crouch just to get under the water.

On the plus side, they do have functional and reasonably fast internet, and a small but watchable LCD TV mounted on the wall. As a base camp for a bunch of guys more interested in spending a bunch of time on the water than hanging in a motel, this place is a good value, and pretty darn cheap. For anyone else, and especially families, I would avoid it. They definitely cater to fishermen and have cleaning stations and a scaling machine, but all the nasty buckets of fish guts might be a real turn off unless you are using them yourself. They also have many parking spaces for trucks pulling boats, which is great.

Overall this is a pretty lackluster place. But it does have it's benefits for fishermen.

Room Tip: Good for a fishing trip