“For Beef Lovers!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Huron, Ohio
“For Beef Lovers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I'm not a fan of prime rib but what I've seen come out of this kitchen makes your mouth water...must be 2" thick! My fav here is the tenderloin tips, I get them everytime I go there and have never been disappointed. I prefer to sit in the bar, better atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dayton, Ohio
“Hidden Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We have been coming to Huron and "the lake" for years and this is always one of the highlights of our weekend get-away! From the outside, it has the appearance of a roadhouse tavern but inside, it is really a very nice dining establishment. With candlelight, soft music and comfortable seating, it is a delightful surprise! The great cuts of steak and chops are a feature of the menu but there are several signature items that are not to be missed! The warm bread is served with cherry butter and the steakhouse salad, with shrimp, mandarin oranges and toasted cocunut, is well worth the upgrade charge! Shrimp lovers will also love the Shrimp EL Toro appetizer with three huge, bacon wrapped shrimp covered in hollandaise. My husband pores over the menu like a newbie, but always ends up with the thick, juicy pork chop and is never dissappointed. It is HUGE and cooked to perfection. The service is also consistently professional. So my recomendation is DON'T just "keep driving" - stop in for a great dining experience!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
charleston, sc
“Keep driving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had heard mixed reviews about this place but decided to give it a try. I think their main ingredient in everything is salt. Baked potatoes tasted old and were cold. Soup was so salty that it was not edible, and I like salt. My steak (filet) was fair. My husband ordered the perch and barely ate any of it. There are some very good restaurants in the area. This is not one of them.

Mansfield, Ohio
“FABULOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Food is spectacular and speedy. One of the few high class places to eat in the area. Have never had a bad experience here!

Lawrenceville
“Great Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the proprietors of the Lakeland Lodges in Vermilion, OH and the recommendation was right on! I wanted seafood for my birthday dinner and this place had it! I ordered the "fresh from Lake Erie" Fried Perch Dinner and my husband ordered the "fresh from Lake Erie" Walleye Dinner. The accompanying salad was fresh and crisp and the homemade dressing was very light. The local corn that was served as a side dish to my Perch Dinner was outstanding. And the Perch - what can I say. It was lightly battered and gently fried. The fish just melted in my mouth. While Walleye can be bland, Ed took a chance and ordered the evening special cooked in a special capers butter sauce and it too was delicious! We topped the evening off with an Irish Coffee. Sometimes the coffee in these drinks can be a little bitter to my liking, but NOT Angry Bull's. I could have a couple more! What a nice way to have a 69th birthday!

• Visited September 2013