“Unsatisfied with the service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Hudson/Boston Heights

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Hudson/Boston Heights to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Hudson/Boston Heights
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6731 Industrial Parkway, Rte 8 at Hines Hill Rd, Hudson, OH 44236   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Hudson
New Brighton, Minnesota, United States
“Unsatisfied with the service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here on 7/30/12. LIttle leaguers ran around knocking on doors and yelling outside our door for 2 hours, waking our toddler and preschooler and us. We complained 2 or 3 times in person to the desk, spoke sternly to the boys to stop, and called the cops. mgnt offered 20% refund after we asked for a full refund saying he didn't have the authority to give us a full refund. Mgnt also said that they had to watch the tapes to verify what happened. They said they would contact us. They didn't. So we called them back. They said they couldn't give us a full refund because they couldn't tell if they were bothering us at our door or if we heard someone else's door. He said we could have checked out at any time during the night and not have been charged for the room. I told him we were dissatisfied with their service because now he was making it my word against his. I told them we were calling corporate. So we complained to corporate. They contacted David Patel, the general manager, and he responded that I said they had called the cops (I did no such thing--I stated that I had called the cops) and to check with the police to see if a report had been filed. He said that I immediately demanded a full refund. He said that he can't keep people from being out in the halls. (but that wasn't the issue--he can enforce quiet halls) He said that the problem had been taking care of right away. Which it had not. I had told the boys to get away from my door and they still bothered us. Plus the mgnt wasn't at the hotel overnight. He then stated to corporate that his hotel was ranked 4 out of whatever number of stars. And that he can't give a refund to everyone who asked or they would be out of business. Corporate left us an apology, but refused to make amends.

We are never going to stay here again. If David Patel had listened to us and had taken care of us, then we would have been cautious but considerate. Now, I am making sure that I don't stay here again--and probably not any Baymont.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel if there are large groups of children booked. They cater to the masses and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Westlake, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was the second time I've stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Boston Heights and I wasn't disappointed either time. The first time I stayed was with my wife and 2 young kids as a "staycation" of sorts as we live less than an hour away and were looking for a hotel with an indoor pool for the kids to enjoy. The second time was an overnight stay after a party nearby where instead of driving the hour home. Both times my wife and I were pleased with the hotel. The hotel was clean and the accomodations were comfortable both times. The indoor pool was nothing spectacular, but the kids had a blast. The breakfast area wasn't all that big, but the breakfast was typical, what you'd expect at a hotel in this range. Overall, I'm happy with both stays at this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I basically lived here for several months while working a job nearby. The best part of this hotel is the staff. They're very accommodating. Some people complain of problems with billing, but the staff don't control the corporate policies. This is an inexpensive place to stay, about 1/4 mile from I-80 and right alongside Ohio Route 8. To get to the hotel from I-80, exit I-80 at Exit 180 and continue past Ohio Route 8 to Dean Memorial Parkway. Then make a right onto Dean Memorial Parkway and a right onto Hines Hill Road. Not hard, just avoid Ohio Route 8 completely. If you get on Ohio Route 8, you can't get off til you're waaay past the hotel and you'll have to turn around. Worst part of this hotel is the parking and the noise. When sold out, which is almost every day in the summertime, this hotel doesn't have enough parking. There are more rooms than parking spaces, not counting handicap parking, so parking gets snarled quite often. Parking is easy if you get there early enough. Just park along the curbs or in the grass if you arrive late and find no parking spaces are available. The noise in this hotel is remarkable. The room doors make a loud banging sound when they slam shut and echo through the whole hotel. I got startled awake many, many, many times by people coming and going and slamming their doors closed. Kids are always running around, and people like to yell in the hall. This is a cheap summertime destination for families of vacationers, so don't come here if you like quiet or demand a four-star experience. I'd rate this place about 1.5 stars - not great but definitely inexpensive with a friendly staff. The rooms are average really, and obviously get a ton of use. Some renovations had been done in 2010, but even these are now worn down. Oh, and if you're on the first floor, be prepared to hear every step and sound from the room above you. The ceilings are NOT solid and I could every every single step the people above me took. Every single day there was someone stomping around 5 feet above my head. If they got up before me in the morning, I found it absolutely impossible to sleep. I could hear everything they did, so I was awakened very early in the morning more times than I could count. I was awakened many, many, many times by the noise in this hotel, so don't expect any peace or solace if you come here. The water in the pipes is also loud, louder than you'd think. Generally, I got awakened early almost every morning by someone in another room getting up and moving around, and had lots of trouble with sleeping and parking while I was there. The hotel was obviously very cheaply constructed with no consideration for privacy or noise control. The closest restaurants and businesses are about 3 miles north of the hotel, in Macedonia Commons. Just take Ohio Route 8 north for about 3 miles, avoiding I-271, and turn right onto Macedonia Commons Blvd. There's even a Walmart there. Oh, and only one room has a hottub. The hotel does have a hottub, but it's in one of the rooms. Pool is small, too. Lots of wild animals like deer, raccoons, possums, ferrel cats, coyotes, grouse, and turkeys nearby - lots of undeveloped woods to the northeast. Also very close to Cuyahoga Valley National Forest, which is a huge national park about a mile west of the hotel. People like to congregate/cook out in the parking lot, which is annoying. Cigarette butts are everywhere near the entrances. Outer doors are NEVER locked. Overall, a 58-room, cheap, overcrowded, high-volume hotel along a major interstate. Nothing to write home about, but it'll get you through the night at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: 58 rooms altogether; 3 are suites and 55 are "normal" rooms; 1 suite has a hottub; reserve...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am torn on how to review this hotel! Our room was pretty clean but our friends in another room had issues. The person at the front counter in the evening was wonderful, but the man in the morning was awful and rude. The pool was horrendous! Only 4 feet deep but so cloudy you couldn't even see the bottom... water was stagnant and about 92 degrees... didn't smell any chlorine, do they even use it? Breakfast was good, but if you got there at 8:45, don't even ask for more milk for fear they will bite your head off about breakfast ending at 9.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Everything was good, they were accomodating and let us check in early. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast area was really small though and only had three tables to sit at. There was no fruit at the breakfast bar.

Lansing, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were here to attend a family wedding. The hotel was a bit hard to find but check in was fast and the room was good. Breakfast was reasonable with make your own waffles and hard boiled eggs, fruit, pastries, cereals.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Book the room for my nephew's wedding. We were please with everything, except for the variety at breakfast was just OK.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Hudson/Boston Heights? Share your experiences!