“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Detroit, Michigan
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I love Mexican food, I work in Mexicantown Detroit, and this was the only Mexican restaurant near our hotel so we gave it a shot. We were seated immediately. The chips and salsa were fresh and delicious. Both my fiance and I are vegetarians so we ordered 2 different dishes from the vegetarian menu. My fiance had the vegetable fajitas which he said were alright but lacked flavor. I had a combo plate which a cheese "enchilada", a cheese quesadilla, and bean burrito. The enchilada was covered AND I MEAN DRENCHED in a very unappetizing sauce that was kind of sweet. The bean burrito was oozing refried beans from each side which made it look unappetizing but it was somewhat tasty. The cheese quesadilla was sadly filled with a fake mozzarella blend rather than queso fresco and was pretty bland. We both felt sick when we left and had very unpleasant bathroom experiences. Disappointment :(

Visited July 2012

Dayton, OH
“One of our favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Excellent food, service, menu, prices, atmosphere!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Average Mexican restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I was on business trip to Dayton and was staying in huber heights at a hotel close by. On a whim I drove along Troy Pike and tried my luck at the restaurant. After being seated at the just wiped damp table, I was accosted by the waiter, "what will you have buddy?" A little surprised at the familiarity I asked for some time to look at the menu. The chips and salsa arrived a little later. The chips were cold. There was a storm brewing outside so I decided to brave whatever the restaurant wanted to throw at me. I ordered a seafood item and it came covered with cream. After struggling manfully and finishing up the dish I paid and left for the parking lot and the blustery snowstorm. The quantity of food was good but the quality was average. The service was below par. I will be looking for other places on Troy pike on my next trip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere