“Very nice. Best Comfort Inn we've stayed at” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Huber Heights
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very nice. Best Comfort Inn we've stayed at”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Yes the hotel is under renovation, but the new rooms are wonderful. Clean, modern styling, comfortable beds, roomy bathroom, it was a nice space for my family and I to stay. The owner is hands on and very friendly, we had a nice conversation and he is genuinely concerned with guest comfort. There was a problem with the heating unit, but it wasn't major and it was reported to the owner.
Very convenient location to the interstate, and even though it's close, the rooms are very quiet.
Overall, I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: This is a very concerned owner. If there are any issues, please let him know, he will do something...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnDayton, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Travellin’ C,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review the hotel. We strive to treat all of our guests as family and to provide them with a home away from home experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay even with the renovation. The rooms were renovated according to Comfort Inn’s new Truly Yours design and it is very good to know that our guests approve of the décor selection. I apologize for the problem with the heater and the maintenance staff has taken care of it. Changes will be made to the lobby and breakfast area in the next couple of months. Once again, thank you for the wonderful review and we hope you visit us again so you can see the fully renovated property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great location right off interstate. Close to fuel and food. Manager/Owner very friendly and very helpful recommending restaurants. Free breakfast was very tasty. Room was spotless and spacious. You will notice glue and paint smells due to ongoing renovation but it's not overwhelming. Stayed one nite Oct 3rd. Would recommend to family and friends.

Stayed October 2013
ComfortInnDayton, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Onedawgy,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write review about your recent stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I am glad that your stay went well even with the ongoing renovation. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. I am pleased to know that you found our complimentary Truly Yours breakfast to be tasty.
Thank you so much for your business and I hope you visit us again after the renovation is complete.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

When we arrived, the hotel had no rooms available yet. There was the smell of paint and appearance of rooms on the ground floor being renovated (where we preferred to stay, since no elevator). The desk person was very nice about directions to visit some friends, and found us a room far from the renovation and smells. Breakfast was a surprise, and almost competed with our breakfasts in the Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the rear of the property, away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bsimosd,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We try our best to minimize renovation related inconveniences and we are glad that your stay went well even with the renovation. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we are improving the property. It is good to see that you were able to start your morning off right with the complimentary Truly Yours breakfast that we offer. We appreciate your business and we hope you visit us again after the renovation is complete.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed Labor Day weekend. Price was great. However, the entire building is a NON-Smoking unit. The entire 2nd floor had a smoky smell (and not of cigarette type) that in the middle night, the smoke alarm set off. Fire trucks poured in and police did a drug search investigation. The employees working should have picked up on the smoking smell from the beginning but instead it got to a point that it set off the fire alarm system. The property claims it is NON-smoking too. Wouldn't stay there again if you paid me!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnDayton, Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Marisa S,

Thank you for staying with us and on behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.
As I stated in the email I sent you in the first week of September prior to you composing and submitting this subjective review, we are not a 100% non-smoking hotel and we do not advertise that we are a 100% non-smoking hotel. We have a select number of rooms that have been designated to accommodate smoking guests. Your comments that “the entire building is a NON-smoking unit” and “the property claims it is NON-smoking too”, are simply incorrect. We do not claim that we are a 100% non-smoking hotel. You can quickly see on the hotel’s webpage that we offer both smoking and non-smoking rooms. Guests have the option of choosing a smoking or non-smoking room at the time of reservation. We, in no way, attempt to hide the fact that the hotel has smoking rooms. We prefer that the smoking guests smoke in the designated smoking rooms instead of smoking in the non-smoking rooms. Guests are not allowed to smoke in the public areas of the hotel.
I apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarm being activated on the second night of your two-night stay. The fire alarm was a legitimate alarm that was activated by an incident in one of the guest rooms. The monitoring panel indicated that the system was activated be one smoke detector, not multiple smoke detectors throughout the building. The hotel has a central fire alarm system and the alarms throughout the hotel are activated even if the problem is just in one guest room. The activation of the entire system does not mean that there is a problem in the entire building. For safety reasons, we had to evacuate the entire building even though the problem occurred in only one of the guest rooms. While this certainly was an inconvenience, I am sure you are aware that we have to treat fire alarms seriously and respond accordingly, regardless of how big or small the problem is. We are 100% committed to providing a safe environment for our guests. The fire department must dispatch a crew to the hotel to clear the building whenever the hotel’s fire alarm is activated, even if it is known that the fire alarm was activated by accident or is a false alarm. We were sold-out on both nights and the overwhelming majority of the guests who were inconvenienced by the fire alarm were understanding of the situation and appreciated the fact that the safety equipment in the hotel was properly functioning.
In regards to your comment “police did a drug search investigation”, the police were never dispatched to the hotel and there was never a “drug search investigation”. The only investigation that occurred at the hotel during your two-night stay at the hotel was on the second night of your stay when the fire department responded to the fire alarm.
We were sold-out on both nights of your stay and the staff was not informed by you or any of the other guests about a concern with smoke. The staff did not have a reason to believe that you were not satisfied with the accommodations because you opted to stay the second night and chose not to voice your concerns to any of the staff members on either night of your stay. If you had stated to the staff that you were not comfortable staying in a hotel that has smoking rooms, you would have been allowed to change your stay without any penalties. You would have been checked-out without a charge. Please keep in mind that the front desk is staffed 24/7 for the purpose of addressing any issues, regardless of the hour. In the future, please inform the front desk staff right away, without hesitation, if you face any problems or inconveniences. This way, the staff has the opportunity to correct or resolve any issues or concerns while you are still at the property. We do not want you to spend a night in a room that you are not completely satisfied with.
The hotel is currently under renovation and everything is being done according to the brand standards set forth by Comfort Inn/Choice Hotels International. Even prior to the renovation, the hotel has been in compliance with Comfort Inn’s/Choice Hotels International’s brand standards.
Please respond to the email that I sent you earlier last month with an explanation of the things that you felt were “not up to Comfort Inn corporate standards” along with any additional comments or concerns that you may have about the hotel.
Again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your subjective opinion on TripAdvisor and I am truly sorry that you were not pleased with your two-night stay at the hotel.
Huber Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a 3 star hotel. The people that work here and manager are GREAT! Our room was clean and spacious, furniture a little old but they are in the process of remodeling and upgrading. They are very conscientious about keeping a clean updated establishment. Very quiet location. Comfortable bed. Good location right of I-70. Price was very reasonable. Great stay and we would stay here again without question.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
owenton, ky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I needed a place to sleep for one night (June 21, 2013) and I was VERY pleased with the Comfort Inn Northeast in Huber Heights OH. My room was extremely clean, may have even been recently renovated. Check in was super smooth and quick. The place was quiet the entire night, the bed was comfortable and the window in my room looked upon a wall of greenery (trees and plant life) which I liked. Check out was equally smooth. It provided me everything I hoped for.

Room Tip: My room looked out upon a wall of greenery which I prefer (compared to parking lot or concrete view...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Kokomo, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I made the reservation via the phone since I was having trouble finding vacancies along my way home. I now know why this hotel was a great price. (I would have walked away, but since I made the reservation after the cancellation deadline, I was afraid i would still be charged for the room.) I will say that the front desk is friendly, which at this point is the only compliment for this particular Comfort Inn. The hotel is so old looking and definitely not up to the Comfort Inn standards. There is a very weird smell throughout the entire hotel. I asked the front desk what it was. He said it could be primer since they are remodeling. Even though I did not find bedbugs (thankfully) I just itch because the place just does not feel clean (mentally). My room is not dirty but needs a lot of updating / repair. One of the bedposts was so loose that if I had not found it before going to bed, it could have fallen on my head during the night. There are trim pieces behind the door and wallpaper falling off the wall. Sheets are not good quality and very thin. Very poor representation for the company.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn Northeast? Share your experiences!