“Great job Mike Wills and Holiday Inn Express, Huber Heights” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Huber Heights
Richmond, Virginia
“Great job Mike Wills and Holiday Inn Express, Huber Heights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My brother and I arrived at the hotel late on July 18, 2012 after a long drive from Richmond Virginia en route to Wisconsin. Even though the hotel was almost full and we had not made a reservation, we received exceptional service from Mike Wills who was at the reception desk that evening. Mike was professional, friendly and very helpful and immediately made us feel welcome and at home. We stayed the night in a very comfortable room and enjoyed a good breakfast before continuing on our journey.

Thanks again for an excellent stay and again, thanks to Mike for the great job that he did!

Frank Wilson

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Mr. Wilson, thank you. It is with pleasure that I will make sure that Mike Wills receives your very nice comments. Our staff does work hard to make sure that all of our guests are treated with respect and professionalism. We look forward to you staying with us at another visit to Huber Heights, OH.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Again I say location, location, location is not only important when looking to buy a home but just as important when looking for a place to stay even if its only for one night. I make reservation for my company when there are sales meetings so I had to check out the hotel my self. I stayed for a weekend and it was just what I was looking for. I Usually book about 5 to 10 room at a time.They are alway willing to assign the rooms accordingly to my salesmen needs.The room are alway very clean and spaceous. The location is great for those traveling in from all different areas. The Location is excellent with plenty choices of places to eat. The breakfast is excellant you have your choice from hot or cold breakfast. The coffee I feel is the best.

Room Tip: The suites are great even if you are only staying 1 night. Larger and you do not feel like you are i...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Debra, thank you so much for your very kind words. Our hotel wants to make the business traveler feel that our hotel is as much like their home as we can. We treasure our working relationship with Great companies. we look forward to working again with you!
Forest City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

When I arrived my room was not ready, which was fine (I was a little early for check-in), but even when a room was ready, the check-in process was a chore and, at the end, my keys didn't work.

The room was very basic and overpriced. The bed was not comfortable and the room was warm with an A/C that would intermittently come on for a minute or two to shoot out some cool air even on the lowest setting. The bathroom seemed dirty and there was a lot of dust in the room including in the A/C vent and on the alarm clock.

While not horrible, this room was not worth the price.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the elevator!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear David S,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We are very proud of our hotel and our high standards for service, cleanliness and quality of products. I am sorry to hear that we fell below your expectations. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the check in process and room accommodations received during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. We all hope to have the honor of serving you again.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHG Care
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect when we pulled up to the hotel. It looks alright from the outside. We walked in and a group of unsupervised kids ran past us to get to the pool which was kind of a surprise lol.. the staff was really friendly when checking us in.. the elevator is slow and when we go to our floor it did smell a bit smoky but I expected that. The room, however, was a lot nicer than I expected it to be. The bed was so comfortable as were the pillows. There was also a couch and nice size TV in there. Easy access to the freeways, many restaurants, and shopping as well.

The continental breakfast the next morning was kind of a disappointment but hey it was free :) lukewarm coffee, watery eggs, only 1 person running the show so when the pancake maker ran out of mix it took a while for her to refill it because she was very busy. I really did enjoy the room though, I recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give a your review. These reviews help us to make our hotel the best that it can be. We are proud of our hotel and the large rooms that we have. We strive to have our guests have a great nights sleep and a good breakfast in the morning. We hope that you can stay with us again and enjoy all that this area has to offer.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Returned to hotel to find housekeeping washing smoking room lamp shades in hot tub. Manager knew this was happening and did not do crap.
Thia place is a joke

• Stayed June 2012
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Smrmx, thank you for your recent post concerning the cleaning of lampshades in the whirlpool. I can completely understand your concern. We have found this method to be very successful when cleaning our lampshades from our smoking rooms, it is also a way for us to conserve on water and chemicals.

Unfortunately, you were very misinformed when you inquired about the cleaning of the whirlpool. After the cleaning process the whirlpool is drained, deep cleaned and then refilled with clean water.

I hope that this clears up a very big misunderstand. We strive to make sure that our hotel is clean and safe for all of our guests.

Patty Mack
La Porte, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have stayed here off and on for the last 6 months staying sometimes 2 to 3 weeks. The Staff here is friendly and are always willing to assist you with anything you may need. The Bed is made daily, sheets are tight and the room is cleaned daily. Towels are replaced daily and the cleaning ladies are very nice and friendly. On a scale of one to ten, I would give this hotel a 10. They also have ample parking with huge parking lot where you dont have to squeeze out of your car to get out. The breakfast is out of this world, cooked fresh every morning. On Wednesday afternoons they provide dinner with two free adult drinks (your choice either beer or wine). The dinner is always different and plenty to be able to have seconds if you so desire.

Room Tip: Easy off and easy on to Interstate 70.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy that you chose to "Stay Smart" at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Dayton-Huber Heights. We look forward to having you as our guest and serving you for any future lodging needs that you might have in our area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

While working in the Dayton area for a couple of days I elected this property by chance and was not disappointed. As an "Express" I found the hotel to meet all basic requirements which is good. My room was very clean and the staff was very pleasant and accommodating which sounds expected but should be noted nonetheless. The walking proximity to a couple of local restaurants was a plus for me after driving all day not having to drive again to eat. I will consider this location again if I return to the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your positive review. We are so lucky to have so many choices for dining in our area that are all within walking distance. Thank you for "Staying Smart" at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights? Share your experiences!