“Good choice for a road stop” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hubbard
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Arlington, MA
“Good choice for a road stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This Best Western is very good. The reservation, check-in, and check-out were all smooth, and the room was up-to-date and very clean. The person at the front desk was knowledgable about the area and very friendly. Breakfast was decent for a lobby-style, pre-cooked spread.
One thing to be aware of: It's hard to spot the hotel entrance from the road! Turn in on the tiny street between the McDonald's and the Arby's. There is a small hotel sign under the big arches, but since it's on the left as you come from I-80, it's almost impossible to see.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
St Louis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My family stopped at this BW on our way to MA. We found the check in went smoothly, and our stay was enjoyable, kids liked the pool and we relaxed in the hot tub. Liked the fact that there are smoker-friendly rooms available for those who do still smoke.

Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stopped off at this hotel late one evening, hoping to luck our way into a room. And we were in luck! The night staff was very friendly and helpful, even offering us a discount on the room to ensure we'd have the best rate.

The room was nice. Spacious with a comfortable bed. The hotel is quite convenient to the highway, which in turn means that the view from the window was of the highway. Luckily, no sound crept inside.

The hotel has a pool, although we did not get the chance to visit. Did use the fitness center. It is small, but adequate.

Breakfast was pretty good. A buffet of hot food (that didn't look especially appetizing). But some good cereal, pastries, coffee, juice, etc.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Milford, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

They charge to much. Put the room was very good. The front desk attendant said if I did not like the price I could stay at a different place on down the road. I will not stay at Best Western again unless I can't find a different Motel.

McLeod, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed here on business and brought my 15 year old daughter. She loved the pool and hot tub. Breakfast was ok too. The location is great, easy access, OK parking, clean rooms but the fact I do NOT smoke and this hotel allows smoking inside and I hate smelling smoke. It is rare that this type hotel allows smoking indoors and for this reason only, I would choose another hotel next time. I smelled smoke in stare well, I smelled smoke twice in my bathroom due to vent shaft and that is something I do NOT like. Hopefully this hotel changes to NON smoking soon. As a non smoker it is MY right to have the freedom to be smoke free and if you allow smoking inside a building there is NO way (without high dollar filtration) to eliminate smoke smell in NON smoking areas. From Now on I choose Smoke free and pet free hotels. Other than that this would have been a a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwesthubbard, Manager at BEST WESTERN Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I am glad your daughter loved our pool and hot tub. All our smoking rooms are on third floor and it might be possible the smoke smell was coming from that one side of hallway . We are in the process of eliminating all the smoking room and making our hotel completely smoke free . I apologize once again for inconvenience . Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Amit Kochhar
BEST WESTERN Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites
sunset beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

the motel is in excellent condition and close to excellent shopping and some excellent restaurants.we were able to go to warren, ohio and yhoungstown ohio because of the excellent highway system lpcated next to the motel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwesthubbard, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are glad that you like our hotel and our location played a part in making your stay enjoyable. We hope that when you return to the area you will come back and stay with us again.

Amit Kochhar
Greenfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Hotel was very clean and comfortable. The AC worked great and was quiet. Bed was very comfortable. Plenty of lamps and outlets. A great feature was the easy chair and ottoman complete with reading lamp. Bathroom was roomy and the tub had several safety features. Large vanity and sink. Breakfast was disappointing. I dislike biscuits and gravy and the sausages were orangy-yellow. Baked goods were okay but nothing special. The breakfast room and lobby were very nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. It is convenient to the interstate. Fridge, microwave and coffee maker all together with marble top and light. I got an excellent room rate through AAA and I would stay again if I got that rate. I wouldn't pay a lot more though. Based on my experience, I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
bwesthubbard, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel We appreciate all the positives you mentioned about hotel and we will continue to try to improve in breakfast areas that you pointed out as average. The Entire Staff

Been to BEST WESTERN Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!