“Great Improvements in Holland OH” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Holland
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Great Improvements in Holland OH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Several years ago, I stayed at this Extended Stay and nearly left for another hotel. I swore I would never come back. My wife reserved for me this time, and I loved the improvements--Grab Go breakfast with oatmeal, coffee, fresh whole fruit, staff alert and helpful, very quiet. Two years ago, I had Lori E's experience; this year (2013) it matched that of TC64! Unbelievable turnaround!

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor if you can.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with some of our upgrades, including the Grab N Go Breakfast, which has come to be quite a hit! I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff as well. I am glad your wife chose us for you and that you enjoyed your "new" experience with us! Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Glasgow, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were back in our home town this past week and have found our new favorite place to stay. After having stayed in another motel, had a really bad neighbor, we changed to this one. The grounds are well cared for, the lobby is clean, and the rooms are taken care of. They have put mattress protectors on all sets. To me, this is a great thing !!!!The staff was great and remembered us from the last visit. Now they have a grab and go breakfast, very nice. We will return.

Room Tip: Check all options for price
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Nancy - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and the exterior landscaping. We have made many updates since January of this year, including the grab-and-go breakfast and new bedding, lighting, lampshades, and all new flat screen televisions. I truly appreciate your compliments on some of our recent upgrades to the hotel.

Springfield, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Booked this hotel thru Priceline for a 2 night stay and checked out after one night. Got a really great price but still not enough to stay for second night. The entire hotel smelled like smoke. The room was fairly clean but looked like 1970. Not the least bit updated. The woman at the front desk when we checked in was on a personal phone call and kept chatting while making me wait. She tried to be very friendly after she got off phone but customer comes first...hello. Even with the cheap deal, I still would not recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Lori - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you found the hotel to smell of smoke and that our staff was not attentive to your needs. To correct these issues, I am working with our housekeeping staff on improving our cleaning procedures and coaching our staff on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at toh@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Unionville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Needed a cheap place for overnight. Employees were very friendly. Rooms were quite quiet and very clean. If staying for a while I would have enjoyed the little kitchen had. Highway noises were hardly noticed. If you are looking for a breakfast they only have a grab and go. They were very helpful and I left something in my room and when I returned a few days later they had it still.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind words. I'm pleased to hear that your stay was so pleasant and that your room was quiet and clean. I am also thrilled to hear that the staff was so helpful in locating your lost item.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I agree with Ysaleh06. I was there the Monday before Memorial day and the lobby and hallways smelled poorly! The staff recognized me from being there a few times before, but never has it smelled like this. Poop! Yes that's a good description of the aroma. I almost went back outside to wait to check in. I have a service dog and my dog never smelled so bad on his worst day! Once in the room, the a/c took care of the odor, but too bad you couldn't leave by the windows. I must say I am trying to rate this property lower this time but the options keep jumping to "excellent".

I heard the receptionist tell the person ahead of me about the small continental breakfast, but I never saw it the next morning.

I stay here because it was recommended by the facility that trained my dog andin 2007. I stayed two weeks then and things were fine and have been when I stayed here since until this time. I just wish they would put trash cans outside the door by the highway for those of us who clean up after our dogs.

After telling the folks at the facility about my experience, they said they have had to take places off their recommended list before, but I told them this was a one time bad experience and maybe they would have it fixed. If it smells like this next time, I'm outta there!

Thank you to the reviewers for mentioning Orbitz and Priceline...I paid more than you did! I a wiser now.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and want to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the odor in the hotel. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at toh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Seville, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped here on our way through Ohio to Michigan in April 2013.

The staff was very helpful and kind, and we got into our room right away. While this property - or at least our floor - had not yet been renovated, everything was in order and we had all the necessary amenities, including a spacious workspace where two of us could set up and get some work done.

We didn't have the need to use the laundry facilities, so I can't comment on that. We did get takeout from Texas Roadhouse on the other side of the parking lot, which was very convenient (and good).

I did notice a reviewer somewhere who thought the 'friendly hotel warning sheet' in the room was a bit of a shocker. It talked about safety and not using the back door at night, etc. We saw the same flyer, but it should be noted that it is *not* the hotel's flyer. It was from a hotel industry association as a general list of precautions to stay safe when you're at a hotel. We had no safety issues, even at night when we walked over to get something to eat or when we walked the dog.

The price was a great deal, the staff was quite friendly, and we didn't have any issues. We love ESA and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review. I am proud of our team for making your stay so comfortable and enjoyable. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland? Share your experiences!