“Beautiful place for a wedding. Wonderful owner and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fling Family Farm B&B

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hillsboro
Fling Family Farm B&B
You added Fling Family Farm B&B to your Saves list
8200 Buckley Road, Hillsboro, OH 45133   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hillsboro
Cincinnati, OH
“Beautiful place for a wedding. Wonderful owner and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My daughter and her fiance wanted a country barn wedding. We looked a very long time to find the perfect place, which we did at the Fling Family Farm. Dr. Fling and his staff were very nice, friendly, and went out of their way to accommodate every request we had. So many of our guests told me what a beautiful setting the Fling Family Farm was for the wedding and how friendly and courteous Dr. Fling and the staff was. We plan on returning to the Fling Barn for many of their concerts. I highly recommend the Fling Barn

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I felt the owner was extremely rude and the woman working the bar was very rude. I guess he was better for all of these other people on here but I don't see how. Maybe some people's expectations are much lower than mine and my husband's. We are 63 and 64 years old and have never experienced anything like this. We will never go back or recommend this place for a party, B&B, or wedding and we have a large family that this could have benefitted from. I have read over some of his comments on the reviews and he is even rude then. Most places like to make the guests feel better and want to come back but he doesn't seem to care one bit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Richmond, Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Me and my wife were married at the Fling Family Farm May 4, 2013. Mr. Fling and his staff helped us whole heartedly and were there every need. When we approached Mr. Fling with our ideas for the wedding he said yes to everything we needed and helped with years of experience to pulloff a wonderful wedding day. He handled any all situations that arose so that me and my bride could have a stress free wedding day. Mr. Fling even let our party run past midnight. He joined at our request in the later part of the evening for dancing and fun. He has an awesome staff that strive to make this farm a beautiful place to hold an event. The dj even allowed us to do karaoke at the end of the evening to entertain our guests. Mr Fling provided us with a memoral wedding day that will always bring us great memories. My wife and I cannot wait to attend some of the concerts and events at the farm. We look forward to spending time with Mr Fling. We left for our honeymoon with a new freind.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Fling Family Farm was the perfect location for my sister-in-law's country wedding! There is a beautiful oak grove where the ceremony took place, allowing for some stunning photos of the sunset ceremony! The barn has a very rustic charm full of memorabilia and a beautiful solid wood bar. There was a large tent set up outside the barn for dinner with plenty of room for the 130 or so guests.

Dr. Fling was very accomodating during our set up of the reception space and during the reception itself. We had a LOT of decorating to do and the staff was more than happy to move tables, chairs, etc. wherever we needed them. He even went all the way back to the B&B on the property to retreive the forgotten ring bearer pillow just minutes before the ceremony was due to start! You could tell that he wanted to make sure the event went smoothly.

We had a lot of fun and would recommend the space to anyone looking for an unique, rustic wedding venue! Dr. Fling and staff were very friendly before, during and after the event.

Wilmington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Are you kidding me! I was there May 4, 2013 and I know the owner very well. He is a well established businessman and would not have made a rude comment unless it was necessary. I feel she just wanted to vent because she could not get free drinks and soda. What did she expect for the wedding couple to supply all her drinks. Seems this lady got upset because she could not have her own way.

The Fling Barn is a very upcoming establishment for everyone to enjoy. The beautiful surroundings, B & B and the barn filled with great music and people who want to have fun. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to have a good time. I know I did, but there are always a few in the crowd who wants to throw their weight around. People in this area are very lucky to have something this special that they can go to and know that it is a safe environment where the owner has your back, if needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Just stayed at The Fling Family B&B and it was fantastic. Dr. Fling was very welcoming and went out of his way to make my husband and I feel at home. The house is a rustic exposed beam country home full of antiques and cozy touches. Had a great time at the Fling Barn concert and enjoyed the huge deck as the sun went down. This is a great place. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My daughter was in a family wedding on May 4, 2013 and when the brides family decided to start charging for not only beer but SODA too, we got very upset. Our family was discussing this outside the barn and the owner decided to start bad mouthing us for being upset. It was a family issue and the owner had no right to talk to us the way he did. He accused us of only coming for the alcohol and I was very offended by that remark. They had announced at 8:30 that the bar was now a cash bar which is fine because that usually means hard liquor, well it also included the beer and soda. I could have handled the beer but the soda?? Anyway, I felt we had a right to be upset especially since my 12 year old daughter was in the wedding and she had to pay for a soda. The woman at the bar had been rude the entire time we were there, even before the bar became a cash bar. the man at the bar was polite and actually smiled (he was not the owner). I felt the woman should have been way nicer and the owner should have kept his comments to himself. We did not stay in the bed and breakfast but if this is any indication to how they run the place I would never consider it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Flingman, Owner at Fling Family Farm B&B, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
This lady and her friend were difficult to say the least. They started Friday night at the rehearsal of a wedding we hosted complaining about not having an open bar during the whole event. I advised that is the bride’s parent’s decision, not mine. They were loud, rude and obnoxious. Saturday night the bride’s parents extended the open bar from 8:30 pm to after 11 pm. They were wonderful to work with and very generous. They spent well over $1200 for an open bar. When the 2 ladies found out they had closed bar, they came to me complaining and railing about how wrong it was to close the bar at a wedding. I advised them that the folks paying for the wedding have the authority to close the open bar at their discretion. Furthermore I advised that they had been very generous and wonderful to work with and I would NOT listen to them complaints any further. My parting comment was “did you only come to the wedding for the alcohol?”
Bill Fling – Bill@FlingBarn.com

Been to Fling Family Farm B&B? Share your experiences!