“With a little effort this could hotel could be straight 5's.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3841 Park Mill Run Drive, Hilliard, OH 43026   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Willoughby, Ohio
“With a little effort this could hotel could be straight 5's.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011 via mobile

Felt like this Homewood Suites was built on the cheap. Our room was on the first floor and we could hear the running in the halls above us. I would reccomend asking for a room on the third floor. Room was clean. Bathroom tub only had two little spots of mildew. Bed linen came off the bed the first night. Left a note for housekeeping about the issue and the bed was remade right and did not have the problem again. Breakfast is just like others have stated - need more tables, a second waffle iron, and the premade food could one kept warmer. Did not use the pool or fitness room, but both looked clean and in good shape. Quick access to the highway and lots of places to eat close by.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

The check in experience was smooth and friendly. The room was reasonably clean and well furnished. However, the noise levels coming from both inside and outside the building gave the impression of cheap, paper thin, un-insulated walls. From the third floor I could actually hear a normal level conversation down in the parking lot as if they were in my room. The worst problem though was waking up in the morning to find there was NO HOT WATER available to take our showers. Upon notifying the front desk person, she promised to call back and when she did, she said that we could shower in a room several doors down the hall instead. However, amazingly NO offer was made to bring us a key to said room -- we were told to come down to the lobby (a rather long and unacceptable trek considering we were not yet dressed and still un-showered). The breakfast area had totally insufficient seating given the size of the property and only one waffle iron from which to make the vaunted "hot breakfast" . I've stayed in smaller Hampton Inns that had at least two waffle irons. So between the wait to use the waffle maker and then having no seats available after finally making it, breakfast was a disappointment as well. After learning there was no acceptable solution to the lack of hot water, I had stated that we expected an adjustment to our room charges and was given the clear impression that would happen. Yet, when I checked back several hours later (after checking out), I found nothing had been done to compensate us and had to insist on that accommodation which in the end was just OK but not completely sufficient given the circumstances. We log a couple dozen or more room nights a year and almost all at Hilton flag properties and this is definitely not the norm. Your results may vary, but I don't expect to revisit this property on any of my many future trips to Columbus.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Let me start by saying that I love Homewood Suites. It's the first hotel I look for whenever I travel. However, this particular HS is a notch or two below others I have stayed at.

I first stayed at this HS July of 2010 and had three issues with this property, 1. no ice makers in room, 2. the breakfast area was messy and breakfast wasn't good and 3.there is no outdoor seating/courtyard.

This year, I was pleased to see that they have put ice makers in the rooms whereas last year I had to schlep down the hall to get ice.

Breakfast was still sub-par. There were no forks available and when I asked for one I was told (as was another guest who asked) there might be some "over there" and that they kept running out. The area was messy, eggs were so runny as to be inedible and the three hot items were anything but hot. Didn't need a fork after all. :)

This property desperately needs outdoor seating. I had to sit on the curb with my feet in the gutter to watch my grandkids play basketball. There are grills but nowhere outside to sit with your food should you choose to grill. There is ample indoor eating though.

The tub was slow to drain the first night but was fixed promptly after I reported it. The toilet wouldn't flush the last morning which caused us to use a public restroom. We didn't have time to wait to have it fixed as we were packing to leave but I did report it before we left. I assume it was also promptly fixed.

The day we checked in I found a letter on the desk. It was for another guest and inadvertantly left in our room. The letter told the guest what a valuable customer they were and that there were bottles of water and snacks left for them compliments of the hotel. I was somewhat dismayed to discover that I wasn't as valuable a customer as the other guest, but life goes on.

Other than breakfast and a lack of outdoor seating, this is a nice property. It's clean and the staff is polite.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ColumbusHWS_GM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you very much for taking time to provide us with thoughts regarding your stay. I value the opinions of our guests and have been making every attempt to make sure we've corrected those detail items that you described.

We've taken into consideration the concern for outdoor seating at both the Sport Court as well as the Grill Area and have been trying to come up with solutions for our guests. As you mentioned, the difficult part is limited space in the areas that would offer nice seating without being a safety concern of getting around them, etc. I hope to have a resolution by Spring.

Again, thanks for taking the time to offer feedback as well as the positive changes like the new appliances with the ice makers!

Best Wishes!

State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Comfortable room with separate sitting area with doors that close it off from the bedroom. Comfortable bed - although there were Queen size sheets on our King sized bed - didn't even come close to fitting. Very clean. Very quiet. Well appointed kitchen, full size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, 2 burner cooktop. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Rented a suite for child's birthday party sleepover. Could not believe how hard working the front desk guy was on evening of April 9th. He was constantly on the move, providing towels, picking up common areas, etc. Provided a dvd player for our use. We were pleasantly suprised at the cleanliness of the room and facilities. Only con was the slippery wet tile right outside the pool area.....suprised no one wiped out there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after a day with the kids at COSI. We could have made the 2 hour trip back home, but wanted a weekend away that included allowing the kids to swim in the indoor pool. We had done this last year, and stayed at the Hampton Inn Polaris, but their queen suites were already booked. The Homewood Suites Hilliard was clean, the staff was friendly, the free breakfast was adequate, and our 2 bedroom king suite was a good value ($134). The only issue was the beds - they were so uncomfortable! - they were too soft, to the point where I felt like I was going to fall off the bed if I was near the edge. We have stayed at many Hampton Inns (a Hilton property like Homewood), and always find the beds to be extremely comfortable. Had the beds been comfortable, I would have rated this hotel "Excellent". Unfortunately, because of the beds, we will not go back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
ColumbusHWS_GM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Thanks for the feedback regarding your recent stay! I'm very happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us with the exception of the comfort of our beds. I hope you still enjoyed your time at COSI with your family! I'm sorry that we weren't able to provide exceptional service for your entire stay and hope to see you again in the future!

Best Wishes,

Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I recently traveled with my boyfriend and a group of 4 friends (and my dog!) to Columbus to watch our Alma Mater play OSU. We rented 2 suites and could not have had a more pleasant stay!!

The suites were spacious and very clean. I cannot tell you how helpful it was to have a full refrigerator, microwave and stove top. It made cooking and storing tailgating food a breeze! Everyone at the front desk were so helpful and accommodating. They were quick and happy to give directions and taxi recommendations. The breakfast staff were friendly and the food was always stocked and fresh! We didn't use the indoor pool and jacuzzi, but although it was small, it looked like it would do the trick! It's not like people travel to Ohio to stay in a beach-like resort! ;)

The beds were super comfy and our rooms were quiet. The staff was nice enough to accommodate our request to keep our two rooms fairly close to each other - def a bonus!! Not to mention, they are pet friendly, so I didn't have to leave my little guy at home.

I don't know if I'll ever be in the Columbus area again, but if I am, I will without a doubt stay at the Homewood Suites in Hilliard. Had an awesome stay... thanks!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
ColumbusHWS_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard, responded to this review, November 21, 2010
Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay at my property. I appreciate your kind words and look forward to sharing them with my staff during our daily meeting! It's our intent to make sure that ever guest is treated as if they're the most important guest in house at all times.

We look forward to the opportunity to take great care of you again in the future if you're back in our area. Have a wonderful week!

Best Wishes!

Jim, GM

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard? Share your experiences!