“Character Building” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10668 Lancaster Road Southwest, Hebron, OH 43025   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hebron
“Character Building”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, the staff has been so nice, and accommodating. For the price it's reasonable. I only have 2 complaints- 1. its a non-smoking hotel, and some one was obviously smoking pot. Our room stunk of it terribly. 2. The water is undrinkable. Thankfully was traveling with bottled water, but I didn't want to brush my teeth with the tap water.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Abington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The evening we stayed here seemed to be "hang out" night for a couple carloads of less-than-desirable young adults. At least they weren't fond of dogs (fortunate for me and my dog). Grounds were as expected (small, open lot, not very grassy), room seemed big enough. Nice desk for laptop work. Night staff (check in) seemed annoyed to be bothered by us checking in, morning staff hustled to maintain the property and pull desk duty.
Breakfast was a joke, I'm on a restricted diet, and can't eat donuts, cereal or oatmeal (guess what they had?). Coffee was typical low-budged, tastes more like funky water, burnt coffee.
I got what I paid for, I guess.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was our third year coming here for Ohio District Family Camp. Never again.. Shortly after getting into our room I noticed a bug crawling on the bathroom floor. Then I noticed one by the sink. I started to look around the room and in the beds but didn't notice any other bugs. In the morning I saw a bug crawling in the bed my kids were sleeping in. I killed it and this one was full of blood. Took a picture of the bugs, and on google images it looked exactly like bed bugs. We got another room, and upon entering there was a musty smell. The carpet was damp in areas, and the bottom of my feet was completely black after a few mins of walking on it. Our clothes had a musty smell too from the room. This hotel has been run down since we first came here years ago and management does not care. Some friends of ours that stayed here found dog food under their bed. The neighboring city of Heath has a lot better hotels!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Flies in trash can in breakfast area. Breakfast was below par compared to other hotel chains. Two types of donuts, bread,and cereal. Had to use microwave to heat up water for tea. Unusual smell in lobby and rooms. Ladies at night behind desk used breakfast area for supper time for their family. It is just run down.

• Stayed July 2012
Newcastle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

First impressions were pretty good, but that didn't last long. The exterior and room decor was fine. Beds were worn and in need of replacement. I ended up having to change room due to yelling and screaming in room next door. Asked front desk to speak to the guests who refused to quieten. Ended up being moved to an inferior room with no refund reflecting the downgrade.
Then came breakfast - utterly disgusting. I have never seen so many flies in a food area before. The breakfast was minimal anyway but no way was it hygenic to eat in that place.
Steer clear of this dump.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place is perfectly adequate. And you certainly get what you pay for. For less than $70, my husband and I got a clean room and a comfortable bed for a quick 8 hours stay.
The hotel looks a little sketchy from the parking lot and the lobby is lacking charm.
The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, the AC was excellent (very important feature to me), but the bathroom was lacking. We were given one small packet of shampoo, the towels were dingy and kind of gross looking, and the tub was stained. Nasty.
Overall, totally/absolutely worth the money for a short stay. But look elsewhere if you're visiting the area and are staying for longer than one night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We paid $68.00 dollars to stay here per night for two nights for a wedding at Buckeye Lake. Every other hotel, like the Courtyard by Marriott in Newark, or Hampton in Heath was booked due to events going on at the OSU branch campus and the NHRA race track, so this is where we ended up. I wouldn't say it was a huge mistake, because it was fine for not actually needing to be there for extended periods of time. If I had the choice between here or something higher priced, I would have spent more... there are not many options around here. The lady during the day time was somewhat rude when we first checked in, but she lightened up by the last day... probably because we were leaving. Otherwise, the woman at the front desk working nights was so nice! The room was pretty clean, just old and worn out looking. YES, the reviews about the contruction paper are TRUE. Instead of a notepad and pen, I had no pen and 3 sheets of 3x3inch green contruction paper stapled together. We had a rearfacing room which looks onto the creepiest roachcoach ever. The sign on that motel behind us was something out of a horror movie. It just made you cringe. This place is surrounded by truck stops, so since the continental breakfast is so terrible, you can go across the street and eat breakfast. The continental breakfast consisted of stale cereal in never cleaned before dispensers, and warm milk. There were not many guests here, but we were VERY aware of a couple in the room above us if you catch my drift.... It was $68.00 bucks a night... this is the sort of thing I should expect for being a cheapo.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof Inn Buckeye Lake? Share your experiences!