“Not what I expected” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
Thornville, Ohio
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

After hearing so many people rave about the local Thai food, I decided to give it a try. Maybe I was expecting something different but I thought it was just like every other Asian themed restaurant in the area. Nothing really outstanding, but the people working here were very friendly.

Visited September 2011

Grandville, Michigan
“Outstanding Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My wife and I dined here and had incredibly delicious food; the spices and seasonings were more distinct than most any other Thai restaurant that I have visited, and I seek out Thai food whenever I travel. Just wish that I lived here, because I would eat here weekly if I could.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The food is absoutley amazing! Seriously!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The resurant is short on ambiance but HUGE on flavor. The food is the draw for sure and is some of the most flavorful Thai food I have ever tasted, EVER! However, the restaurant has an odd powder smell, so that is why I subtracted a star. The smell was so bad that I opted for take out vs dine in.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newark, Ohio
“Best Thai I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

I travel frequently for my job across the country and Royal Thai is simply the best I have had! Luckily I live in Newark so I can visit often. The Pad Thai is superb. It is amazing to me that we have a hidden gem like this in Central Ohio.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbus, OH
“Can't get enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

Royal Thai serves the best Thai food I have ever had, by far. I eaten Thai food in Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco and would never have guessed, when I moved to Licking County, Ohio, that I would be able to enjoy such fresh and superbly spiced Thai food. I love the papaya salad and red curry, but my husband always orders pad thai. The few thimes we have left room to sample the desserts, they have been excellent, too. Family owned and operated, Royal Thai is friendly and warm. The food is prepared fresh, so expect a wait. You won't be sorry!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Royal Thai? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Royal Thai, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.