“Disgusting-Do not stay here!” 1 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1266 Hebron Road, Heath, OH 43056   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Heath
Canal Winchester, Ohio
“Disgusting-Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The check-in hostess rushed us. The paperwork to sign was so faint, you could barely read it. The sidewalks by the parking lot were not shoveled. The ice sickles were not cleared and hovering dangerously over us. There were no parking lots near our room. There was a bag of trash on the sidewalk when we got there, and never removed before we left. The room stank like smoke. The lamp shades had an inch of fuzzy dust on them- looked like a few year's worth! There were cigarette ashes on the sink. The mattress and boxsprings were dirty and heavily stained. There was no coffee pot or cups in the room, as is typical of a hotel. Our friends staying at the same hotel had empty beer bottles left in their room, dirt in the bath tub, and no towels or wash cloths in their room. When we got back from our evening out, and couldn't stand the thought of having to sleep there, we checked out at 1 AM, and the night host didn't bother to ask how our stay was.

• Stayed February 2014
Tina B, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant experience with us and apologize on behalf of the entire staff. I will be addressing with the desk staff the importance of their role in customer service and what that means for our business and more importantly for the experience of our guests. I will also be implementing more regular checks of our rooms to ensure that our housekeeping staff are doing their job to the standards that have been set for them. I apologize that we were not sufficiently prepared for the winter weather that came through our area this year and will make sure that staff keeps the walkways as safe and accessible as possible. Currently our property does not offer coffee in the rooms and does not advertise it as one of our amenities but I will bring the subject up at our next board meeting. We are in the process of renovating all the rooms on the property and hope that if you are in the area again you stop in to check our the improvements made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We paid for 2 nite stay, with in minutes of entering the jacuzzi sweet our dog was infested with fleas, not too mention our countless welts from being bitten. Their t.v also blew up and fried our play station 3 in the process. When we went to get the 2nd nite refunded the nite clerk informed me that thehotel had rrecently changed hands and that new management wasnt taking over for a few more days and that the old management wasnt willing to comp me an additional nite in another room

• Stayed August 2013
Tina B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. Since we are a pet friendly property the rare flea problem can arise and is addressed as soon as we are aware of it. The T.V. has also been replaced in our Jacuzzi room . We are sorry that the staff did not handle the issues you had to your satisfaction. We hope that you will come stay with us again and see the improvements that have been made under the new ownership and the many improvements coming soon.
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I only needed a bed and a shower while I was picking up my daughter at Denison. I chose the ABVI based upon price. The property is small and a little dated-looking. I was beginning to have second thoughts until I stepped into the office. The clerk was friendly and efficient in both check-in & check-out. The room was clean and quiet. The furnishings were comfortable. Price was very fair.

This is a very nice little motel for an overnight stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, we are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We look forward to helping you with future hotel accommodations if you find yourself in our area again.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed two nights for under $50 a night. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, bathroom was decent size, room had a microwave and mini-fridge. TV was older but it got 50 channels including HBO. My room was in the back building and it was very quiet. Also, a bar and couple eating places were within walking distance.

I notice everything, but not a lot bothers me so I'll give you the items that might bother you if you notice a lot and things bother you.

When I first entered the room, it had a little musty smell like no one had been in the room for a while. I turned on the air and when I entered the room later, smell was gone
Place is dated but little details that could be improved upon like the bathroom ceiling light fixture didn't go all the way to the ceiling (should have used didn't type of fixture) so you could see a mound of dust inside the fixture while in the shower. A second microwave was sitting on the counter for no reason. Also, the lamp on back wall of the bed was too low (hit my head on it once) and except the bed light and one in bathroom, other lights were too dim.
The breakfast was englsh muffins, store donuts, bad coffee and some orange drink (not there to eat breakfast)
These items overall didn't bother me much -I'm not in the hotel room much anyways. it was a great place for cheap - I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel had the cheapest rates around. We needed a place to stay for one night so it did the trick. It is ran down and outdated, but you get what you pay for. The staff was nice and we had no issues. The room was clean and taken care of. We had a car full of stuff and we had nothing stolen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ringgold, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

The hotel is older and run down looking on the outside. Inside of room is dingy looking, but clean. This hotel offers extended stays, so I think we have ppl around us that actually live here. Which leaves me wondering how safe it is.

I booked a King Non Smoking Kitchenette. We got a King Non Smoking. Got here and they had booked up all the kitchenettes. So either the website was wrong in letting us book a kitchenette or an employee just put us where ever they could. We got charged the same amount either way. We didnt get our kitchenette, recliner or dining table that the website said we would get. We did get a microwave and refridg. (which actually worked and kept things cold)

We only paid $90 for 2 nights (some spring special they were having.) So for the price - it was cleaner than I expected and you get what you pay for. But I don't think we'd stay here again.

I clean houses for a living and I am OCD. So I'm picky. A/C worked well. Cabinet top beside the sink was broken. Outlet over phone jack hanging off exposed wires. refrigerator looks like someone took a hammer to the door. Just over all dingy looking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Trenton, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, there was quite a bit of road noise because it is on a main street with alot of traffic. The service was very good, staff very friendly and helpful. Nonsmoking room didn't smell at all which is better than some places that offer non smoking rooms that reek of smoke. Like most reviwers motel is a bit older but kept up decently it is not a problem though in my opinion I have stayed in some pretty dumpy motels this is NOT one of them if you are lookiing for a cheap place to spend the night this place will fit the bill. Overall the motel is very decent for the price and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!