“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wynyard
Seaward
31 Old Bass Highway, Wynyard, Tasmania 7325, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Wynyard B&B and Inns
Launceston, Australia
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I currently had to stay in Wynyard a couple of weeks ago to visit family. I was morbidly disgusted at the smell that wafted up my nostrils as soon as I stepped inside this Bed and Breakfast! Not only was the smell foul, the linen and bedding was grotty and like someone else had previously slept in the bed without the bedding being washed! Your beds were uncomfortable, as I am a 56 year old female with throbbing arthritis thoughout the majority of my body, for $130 a night I would expect a little bit more for my buck! The breakfast was bland, and I definitely would rather eat a greasy egg and bacon muffin from the restaraunt down the road. The decor inside your b&b was old, outdated and too old fashioned! Next time, I will be definitely staying at The Waterfront Wynyard, only $35.00 dearer, and a much better experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

3 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Queenstown, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Seaward B&B was a great choice for our young family. Though we went at the start of the cold season, we still could enjoy the large back yard. Picked some Rubarb and lemons in their small herb garden and relaxed. The Captain's Cottage was just the right size for us. A double pull out bed in the lounge room with DVD and Tv for the kids and still room for a porta cot in there also. We had our own room which was spacious and port to sip on if we wanted.
The mornings were fresh, but by 10.00am we were walking out the front along the beach. Good kids park near by and a good place to eat fresh healthy food.
It still was a little cool, but the great spa and the heated towel rack made it a lot warmer. The keepers were fantastic and very helpful to us. Nothing was a problem and they were there when needed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Batemans Bay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I booked this B&B on line direct with the owners, paid $130 per night . We stayed nights of 9,10,11 March 2010. The owners were away, thus things fell away a little. No reception upon arrival, you got the key out of a coded box at front door. In the bathroom there was no soap, so we had to buy some. The self serve breakfast was very basic, bread, orange drink in 'poppers.' not juice, some cereal, jams etc, that was about it.

The house itself is very old but has been very well renovated. On the Bass Hwy, opposite the beach with some views, good location. Our accommodation consisted of a small eat in kitchen, four poster bed and the middle room was the bathroom, sandwiched between kitchen and bedroom, a little strange,. As the owners were away we also had acess to a lounge area which was nice. The owners have done a great job in the refurb but on their website they self rate the B&B as 5 star, not really. Some of the fittings a little worn. All in all a comfortable stay, but not quite to our expectations after looking at the pics and other reviews on on the B&B website. I think for $130 per night in this area, you expect better, particulary with breakfast and reception. I recommend it but not to those expecting a high standard of B&B. I rate it 7/10. I think our stay might have been better had the owners been there, rather than leave the maintenance to someone else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Seaward? Share your experiences!