“Finally had lunch, very happy” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Ulverstone
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Tapas, Contemporary, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Deli Central offers a unique, modern cafe experience. We serve only the highest quality meals all made with love and enthusiasm by our amazing chefs. Our coffee is exceptional and our cakes are to die for. Our wonderful staff are always more than happy to assist you in any way. It doesn't end there though......we also stock a large range of Deli items, Gourmet Tasmanian produce and a huge range of homewares, jewellery and bags. We can make custom made hampers and offer free gift wrapping all year round with any purchase!
Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Australia
“Finally had lunch, very happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

As in My previous review, I thought the breakfast was aimed a little to much at breads and eggs. We finally got around to having lunch, and I must admit is probably one of the better lunches I/we've had in a while.

There was 4 of us, and all stated that they thoroughly enjoyed their meals. I had the scotch steak with a garlic mash potato, and salad. The steak was very large, very tender and cooked perfectly, and the garlic mash was to die for, although the garlic did linger, very strong but utterly delicious.

The service was fantastic, very attentive with being over the top.

We will be back, it was my wife's first time there, and she stated she would like to return. She had the chicken and camber tart, and a piece of brulee cake. When we left, her plates were as clean as a whistle, I think she liked it.

• Visited August 2013

Launceston, Australia
“my favourite stop in Ulverstone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My favourite café in Ulverstone , been here many times whilst travelling through , love the coffee , love the food , especially their frittata and macarons , great little café worth visiting and they have giftware/kitchenware for sale also

• Visited August 2013
Hobart, Australia
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

After reading such good reviews about Deli Central I decided to stop and buy lunch. What a great place! It is such a warm, welcoming place and even though there are lots of things all over the place for sale, it does not feel cluttered.
Not only did I enjoy a heavenly raspberry muffin and scrumptious vegetable fritata, I also ended up purchasing a gift. Be warned, lots of tempations - especially if you like something a little quirky.
The service was great, very friendly staff and doesn't that make for a good experience all around.

• Visited July 2013
Devonport, Australia
“Impeccable service & premium quality coffee/food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We are weekly customers at Deli Central and there is a good reason for our return business.

Their coffee is second-to-none, made by an evidently expert barista... easily the best coffee on the NW Coast for flavour and consistency. The breakfasts are always spot on, poached eggs are runny, bacon is crisp and sourdough is tasty and crunchy. If you get the chance - try the pepper soaked scotch fillet. One of the best meals I have ever eaten in any restaurant Australia-wide. Highly recommended. Service is absolutely spot on.

• Visited June 2013
“Wonderful coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular at the deli and they have never let me down. Coffee, made by Tim, is exceptional. The service is always friendly. Excellent gifts and treasures to buy...

• Visited June 2012