“Poor service and expensive...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Sydney
“Poor service and expensive...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went here as it was recommended by our hotel as well as the numerous road signs we passed on our way into Swansea. We'd read some bad reviews online, but thought'd we'd give it a chance; wish we'd stayed away. The view on arrival was great, but it was downhill from there, both literally and metaphorically. The coffee was too hot and tasted bad, and at $5 a mug I was expecting more. Breakfast all up was about $40, not too bad for the 2 of us, but not appropriate for what we got.

Following breakfast I thought I'd try to find a present for my mother in the shop. I chose a jam and went to pay for it. The lady behind the counter was having a lengthy conversation with the couple in front of me, so I patiently waited, reading the newspaper clippings that were framed and hung on the wall like badges of honour. When it came my turn to pay, the service lady turned around and started making coffees. So I waited again. Meanwhile she finished the coffees she was fumbling through, delivered them to the table, and came back. When she came back she walked straight past me, as I was smiling to attract her attention, and into the kitchen. It was as if I was invisible to her, like Bruce Willis in the movie the Sixth Sense. I just wanted to give her the money and be on my way!

Eventually another lady came into the store with an apron on, and served me. Hopefully mum enjoys the $10 jar of jam, because the pathetic service we had nearly spoilt our trip to Tasmania.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Hong Kong, China
“nice berry yogurt & ice cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

a must try travelling to Tassie.
the taste is not unique but the ingredient is so fresh and nice.
there is different favour of jam and chocolate to choose
it was introduced in a Hong Kong TV show.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Yummy crepes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stopped at Kate's Berry Farm on our way to Coles Bay. It was a great place to stop off, have some afternoon tea and look over the beautiful bay. We ate the crepes with mixed berries and icecream, and our boys had some yummy home made chocolates. Of course we also bought some chocolate covered strawberries, mixed nuts and macadamias.

A really lovely spot and a place I will go back to if I'm ever in the area. I'd like to try more of the yummy treats they have on offer!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hobart, Australia
“World's Best Pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I love Kate's Berry farm and incorporate it into every trip I take to the east coast. I love taking visitors there for a slice of pie and heartily recommend the apple and raspberry pie. Loads of filing and not too sweet. Great view over to Freycinet too.

Visited March 2013
Melbourne
“Waiting, waiting, waiting....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very busy when we popped in for some berries. A long queue and fairly slow service. At least the cake and berries were good.

Visited January 2013