Franklin Manor is a beautifully furnished and spacious property with pleasant and welcoming hosts and a quiet location. The rooms were comfortable (thank you for the non-feather pillow in deference to an allergy) and breakfast was pleasant, if basic continental. The hosts' dinner suggestion was also excellent and, happily, we could walk there and back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warmth and hospitality blends with contemporary elegance at Franklin Manor.This beautifully restored historic property, in the village of Strahan, sits at the edge of south-west Tasmania’s World Heritage Wilderness Area.At Franklin Manor, take a well-earned break in a standard queen room, or manor suite. Enjoy your breakfast in our dining room or on the porch overlooking the lush gardens.Immerse yourself in our island’s incomparable wilderness. Our staff can help you to choose an unforgettable Tasmanian experience, from a tranquil Gordon River cruise or scenic wilderness flight, to guided kayaking, bushwalking or four-wheel drive tours and the inspiring West Coast Wilderness Railway. You’ll return to the Manor comforts feeling invigorated and refreshed.After a day’s exploration, relax with a drink by the open fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Franklin Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Manor Hotel Strahan
- Franklin Manor Strahan, Tasmania