“Good place to eat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in New Norfolk
Seoul, South Korea
“Good place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Shanghai Restaurant was a good place to eat for hungry travellers on Sunday afternoon. The only restaurant for us in the late afternoon in New Norfolk. Chinese food was good to me. Taste was good, cheap, moderate amount. Kind restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Darwin, Australia
“Excellent food, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We didn't have a booking, and it was obvious that this restaurant is popular but they were able to find us a table. We opted for a 2 person banquet - the choice of dishes was good, the only down-side for me, was that I would have preferred steamed rice instead of special fried rice, but that was only a minor consideration. The staff were fantastic, though very busy. Thankyou.

Visited May 2014
“Nice and simple”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Simple menu, nice choices, Not much more to say really. No alternatives in New Norfolk but quite frankly... No other choices are needed.

Visited August 2013
Tasmania
“Great food in a simple restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Passing through New Norfolk we decided to find somewhere to eat. Spotted the Shanghai and the three of us got a table. Standard Chinese decor for a suburban restaurant, plastic tablecloths, soy sauce on the table, etc.. BUT a HUGE menu, with so many great choices. My husband and I went for the basic Banquet ($28) - Soup, Entree, two mains, yummy fried rice, dessert and coffee/tea. Our daughter had Chicken and Cashews and Fried Icecream. The service was quick, the food was plentiful and tasted great. We were given knife and fork but we asked for, and vwere quickly given, decent quality chopsticks. I have to say, the food was the best Chinese I have had in years (including the Me Wah!!) The only drawback was that the restaurant was FREEZING cold .. although they had the heater on, it was a very cold night and the heater had no impact on the shivering diners. Well worth the long drive, but take a coat with you if you visit in Winter.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dockland
“Good taste and reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went to restaurant last Sunday. It was busy in restaurant, and we worried about we need to wait for a long time. However, it is not a long time to wait. I ordered a beef dish and that was very nice! I loved it.
My friend and I order two entrees and two dishes. All cost us less than 40 dollars. That is good price for the quality good!!!

• Visited May 2013