The location is amazing and the view from pretty much everywhere is stunning. We found the rooms beautiful, roomy and well fitted although the tv is difficult to see from the bed, maybe one that could come out of the middle bench would work? The food was mostly great, the degustation menu in the evening fantastic, particularly with the wine matching. Breakfast had good choices, lunch casual but tasty, the food changed every day. The snacks and drinks in the room were of a high quality. The service is fantastic, very Australian even Tasmanian, some of the staff attire was a little daggy and not 5 star classy. Our treatments at the spa were great and high quality. We participated in a coupleof activities and they were fun and well thought out, one thing I found amazing was the level of knowledge of all staff, from the local food and wine to the wildlife and local attractions, no question went unanswered.
On the downside it is expensive and there is no pool, they gym is tiny and the spa quite limited (i.e. no steam room or spa).
It is very quite and peaceful and even with full capacity we were never left waiting. It would be nice to have an in room breakfast option.
We had a wonderful time and would recommend it for a special occasion.
- Also Known As:
- Saffire Freycinet Hotel Coles Bay
- Saffire Freycinet Hotel
- Saffire Freycinet Freycinet National Park, Tasmania - Coles Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saffire Freycinet is Australia’s luxury lodge on Tasmania’s East Coast adjacent to Coles Bay and overlooking the Freycinet Peninsula, famed for the iconic Wineglass Bay. Delivering sophisticated and intimate style and an inspirational experience, our Tasmanian accommodation blends mankind and nature with breathtaking beauty. Featuring 20 luxurious suites, exclusive day spa, restaurant, guest lounge and bar, this five-star plus luxury lodge experience is a celebration of the art of service, internal and external wellbeing, local culinary delights, ancient landscapes and abundant wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Saffire Freycinet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.