as soon as check in, I was very disappointed with the place. first timers to Tasmania and had heard about cradle mountain chateau being a very high star accommodation. there were four adults, myself and husband and grown daughter and husbands mother. we were put in a ordinary queen suite (that is what it was called),A queen bed single bed and foldable bed squeezed in. I had to ask for towels soap coffee and extra cup. This one night had been booked for at least 4 months in advance. the balcony was six inches off the ground and maybe 18 inches wide by 3 feet long. Looked out to the car park. buffet meal was overpriced. the staff were helpful with any queries though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Pure Tasmania's Cradle Mountain Chateau sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with a soothing massage and outdoor hot tub at Calm Day Spa; and enjoy hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Chateau is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania