My partner and I also Stayed here in Nov 2005 for two nights...
What a fanstastic and relaxing time we had! We took advantage of the free breakfast hamper (which came in handy, and we didn't get though all the food). When checking in we were made to feel welcomed and well taken care of, they even had milk bath for the Spa (to purchase), I was very happy!
This is a little home away from home. We stayed in the 'Love shack' this was located at the very end of the premises with two other cabins close by, but not too close. We were not disturbed once during our stay, but the front office was there if we ever needed them.
This came with everything you could need away from home...tv, dvd, cd player, bbq and a beautiful gas log fire! The whole place is designed so you can have as much privacy as you want, you back veranda is out of view of everyone etc... just wonderful!
This part of our trip was for relaxation and time out with each other... We still talk about how fantastic this part of our trip to Tassie was for us both. We hope to return back here at the end of this year or next, but I can not recommend this place more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village is situated in temperate rainforest in Cradle Valley on the edge of the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain/Lake St Clair National Park in Tasmania. Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village strives to provide guests with a natural wilderness experience in highland accommodation in Tasmania without compromising comfort. Our private, self-contained cottages and chalets in Tasmania have been carefully sited in the rainforest so you are surrounded by native plants and wildlife. Our Cradle Valley accommodation offers a variety of cottages catering for the travelling couple up to larger family group. The Wilderness Village at Cradle Mountain now boasts a contemporary restaurant featuring modern Tasmanian cuisine with views through temperate rainforest along the Cradle Valley to Cradle Mountain. Hellyers Restaurant has been crafted using local timber and stone. A large central stone fireplace will comfort guests needing to recharge after a day on the track. The restaurant seats 70 guests and a private room forms part of the restaurant which can be used by up to 20 delegates for meetings or private dining. Our Executive Chef, Andrew Sutherland, from our sister property, Restaurant Esca at Hotel Charles, has designed his menu focusing on local produce, being some of the best quality produce in Australia, and is complimented by a wine list featuring only the best Tasmanian fine wines. Gourmet breakfast hampers are available for guests to pre-order, where they can prepare from the comfort of their self contained Cottage or Chalet. Hellyers Restaurant is open for dinner 7 days a week from 5pm, and guests are invited to enjoy a drink from the bar in the guest lounge from 4pm daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Hotel
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania