“Surround yourself with nature!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Leake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Campbell Town
Lake Leake Inn
You added Lake Leake Inn to your Saves list
320 Lake Road | P.O. Box 135, Lake Leake, Campbell Town, Tasmania 7210, Australia   |
“Surround yourself with nature!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful place to spend time away from the main tourist tracks! As a Victorian I particularly enjoyed the wood fire in the pub in December! Very peaceful, great bush walks, beautiful lake and lovely people. Will definitely be staying there again next time we head to Tassie! Maybe even in the depths of winter with the chance of snow!

• Stayed December 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in the end, when i reluctantly had to move on. Great little tradition pub with a large dining room. It's down a dirt road and you really do feel like you are staying in the middle of the australia bush.... complete with tradidional true blue (but friendly ) locals popping in. I stayed in room 3 which was really quite big but I can see what the others are saying re some of the other rooms i did see but all are more than adequete. Nice clean soft fresh white linen. Good mattresses and the bathroom is shared but feels totally private and clean and hot. Meals were really really good and great suprise. Hosts Dale, Mandy and Jason couldnt have made me more welcome and gave me great tips on things to do in the area. The lake is lovely and fresh and only a 2 min walk (max) from the pub. The water is soooo clear and fresh. Saw loads of birds and wildlife, kangas, echidnas etc etc. Its one of those places if you want to sit on the front porch and chat to the locals you can without feeling like youre in the way or make yourself really busy with walks, swimming, natural sites. I dont think i can sing its praises any more!! Make the effort to go...

Room Tip: Room 3 is the big one, 3 & 4 run adjacent to the bathroom. 5 for quiet...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Proserpine, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Why visit Lake Leake when there are so many more attractive and authentic natural attractions around the State? Well I did because it is just off a very good driver's road, and I read the other reviews here. It isn't mainstream in any way, which is just as I would have it. It's a room with a bed, and a tiny table. The bathroom is shared but adequete, with a steaming torrent of water and a lquid soap dispenser. The food (cooked by a British Army trained chef) was great (more officer's mess than squadie grub). The locals were having a bit of a knee's-up when I was there, so I slumbered off to middle-aged woman cackle, but all fun. Nobody appeared to ever have sported two heads. In the morning there will be wallabies at your doorstep. The lake cabins (a squatter arrangement gone legit?) were pretty quiet, so the Inn and the unsealed road were too. I imagine it might be avoidable Xmas-Jan. But then Bicheno, St Mary's, etc would all be nuts then too. November was a very good time to there.

Room Tip: You will be offered a look at what is available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a wonderful place to stay, on the shores of Lake Leake. At first I thought of staying at Bicheno or Coles Bay, but then decided to seek some place authentic Tassie. Good choice!

Still out of season, during a weekday night, I was the only one to spend the night. A lovely pub meal before this. I had overpayed for my room, so I got the meal for free - amazing touch, thank you!

The night got close to freezing, but the heating inside the room kept it warm. Very clean linen and duvet. Room was small, but very cosy. Fast wi-fi, which allowed me to finish some urgent work that popped up (of course, work always comes when you are on a holiday!). I would love to come back one day. I don't fish, but I think this place would be perfect. Very friendly owner and manager.

Great location very near the lake. Very quiet at night. Good view to the starry sky. Absolutely recommend for a drink, meal, stay or fish!

Room Tip: They have just six rooms. The queen-bed rooms all looked alike and on the small side, but very atmos...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My partner and another couple made a last minute decision to stay at Lake Leake rather than fight the crowds on the East Coast over a recent long weekend. My partner and I camped at the nearby campgrounds (200m from the pub) while our friends hired a room at the Lake Leake Inn. The meals were absolutely fantastic - nothing pre-processed here, all homemade and just delicious! The desert sample platter was unbelievably good - the best I've had in Tassie! I never expected such high quality food, and all of us were so pleasantly surprised and happy we made the decision to visit!! We had a few drinks at the bar with Dale, the publican, who was extreamely friendly and happy to have a chat. Our friends said that the room they hired was basic but very comfortable and great value for the price (around $80/night from memory). They also said the showers were amazing. We went kayaking on the lake the next morning which was beautiful, and there were a lot of people fishing as well. I'd absolutely recommend the Lake Leake Inn - it's a bit out of the way but it's well worth a visit!! Probably the best pub I've been to in Tassie!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

On a cycling holiday, I strayed from the main road and found the wonderful Lake Leake Inn. What a fabulous time. Mandy and Jason were great hosts and truly accommodating. The food was hale and hearty. The room was cosy and clean. Conversation was welcoming. I will be very happy to revisit Lake Leake Inn when I am next in Tasmania.
It is well worth a stroll around and about the lake to see the beauty of the locale.
I wholeheartedly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

It seems this inn lives on the occasional big function. Had a great time there, drinking til all hours. It's the only place in town, thanks to Jason and Megan for managing it, didn't get to meet the owner, but he has plans for the place. If I'm on the east coast I'll be back. The shacks deserve a bit of time wandering around too.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Lake Leake Inn? Share your experiences!