“Would recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Would recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I would defiantly recommend this resurant. It was delicious and it has been very hard to find tasty Chinese food in Tasmania. Mr and my husband have been there a few times and they remember us hich is always a plus. The things on the menu that we have tired ;

Singapore noodles - amazing must try ! Although the last time we got it to go and wasn't up to par with the last few times but still good. My husbands a rice man and he perfers this lol.

Sweet and sour pork - need I say more ? Lol was great !

Peaking beef - very tasty, moist and juicy meat.

Spring rolls - very tasty.

Steamed dim sims - only got the last time we went and wa disappointed.

Rib entree - ( can't remember the name ) but was very good.

Continental omelet - very tasty kinda salty but still tasty.

Contenital ( min or wu can't remember ) - nit that great was disappointed.

They have lemon chicken but also honey lemon chicken. We've have had the honey one when we go. My husband loves it but I don't care for it. I find the honey gives it a bitter taste. But then again I don't care for lemon chicken much in the first place lol.

When ever we leave we get pawn crackers as there usually very fresh and tasty.

We're the type get a couple entrees and meals and have some if each which can get expensive, but this place is still cheaper then most other places we've been to.

All in all very good place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kickatinalong
“Suburban Chinese...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Most of the dishes are highly Westernised versions of the Chinese originals. Even the Schechuan chicken doesnt have a kick in it. Due to the large volume of take-away orders, expect to wait for your entrees, mains, drinks, et al...

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wynyard
“Ok, the best chinese in Burnie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

This restaurant is a bit of an institution in Burnie, it's not great, but at least it's consistently mediocre, if you can't be bothered travelling and are desperate for chinese food it's ok. Try the Jade Willow in Ulverstone instead, it isn't consistent but the best on the NW coast.

Visited January 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Reminded me of Westernised Chinese food in Sydney in the 1970's.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

Good portion size. Sauces tasted like they came out of a bottle. Worst Fried Rice I have ever had. I would be surprised if there was a Chinese chef or a wok in th kitchen. Avoid unless you are after a Retro experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Somerset, Tasmania
“Consistently good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I've been eating at the Manadarin Palace since I was a little girl. My family and I regularly go here for lunch and tea. I've only ever had one dud meal there. It's fantastic because for those who aren't big fans of chinese (like my boyfriend) they offer 'australian' meals such as fish & chips or steak as well as others. The waiters are always polite and i is very rare that you would have to wait (even when there are a lot of people there). I highly reccommend the Spicy salted quail, Szechaun chicken, Mandarin chicken, Beef and Black Bean or Pepper beef!

• Visited November 2011