“beautiful course” 5 of 5 stars

Sydney Australia
24 attraction reviews
“beautiful course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband loves golf, and I don't play buy always walk with him around and watch him play. Out of both courses I love Lost Farm, and really like Barnbougle. Lost Farm had toilets at the half way out and in, which was great for me as a woman. The fairways are wide and the course well kept.
Barnbougle didn't have any loos and considering my husband really needed one after the 4th it was kinda bad.
There are quite a lot of divots but we were there after a summer season and if people who play don't replace them, it's understandable. Still, it's great golf. My husband plays off 4 and he lost a few balls but if you accept that you're going to in the rough now and again, you'll be fine.
Dale at the pro shop in Lost Farm is certainly worth a special mention. Nothing was too much trouble for him, he is the consummate professional and such a lovely guy.

Visited March 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“Simply fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband was looking forward to playing on both of the golf courses and he was not disappointed. I joined him for both rounds and thoroughly enjoyed it (even though I am not a golfer!) as the views were amazing as was the course. The staff were great and were able to arrange breakfast rolls for us (even a gluten free one!) as our accommodation were not able to. Then we were in for a real treat at the Lost Farm restaurant. The views were spectacular and the food was fantastic as was the service. I think if we get the chance to return here (I think my husband will have to treat me to a spa treatment for one!) we would stay here in the accommodation too. A must see and do for golfers and non-golfers alike!

Visited February 2014
San Diego
7 attraction reviews
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a GREAT golf course and the service is sooooooooo professional and helpful. Beer and pizza in the sports bar was good too. Course is sooooo fun and spectular.

Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
52 attraction reviews
“The views from the Lost Farm Barnbougle Dining Room/Lounge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Visited the dining room/lounge area and had coffees. The views were spectacular of the coastline, attentive staff and nice contemporary furniture. We didn't have time to dine there, I think you would be best to make a booking during holiday seasons.

Visited January 2014
Mt Martha, Australia
“La Combination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

What a great duo these two are. We were fortunate to have overcast/sunny break and a light breeze to to play 'Lost Farm' Really nice links course with brilliant greens. The next day was picture perfect- clear skies and not a breath of wind for the first nine followed by a light onshore breeze for the next nine. Enjoyed the challege of the 'Dunes' course which to my mind is more technical but the greens were not upto 'Lost Farm' standard which I think both points are the diffence. Ah I didn'tmention the bunkers at the 'Dunes' some of which would accommodate a small village.
All in all a great experience and well worth the trip down there from Melbourne and also for my mates from Sydney. Two more ticked off the list! One important point only push buggies are available at both courses- those with foot or leg problems should look elsewhere.
P