“Loved it definately worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Welcome to Platypus House. The only place in the world you can experience this amazing animal up close and personal. A Tasmanian natural living world experience not to be missed. Watch both live platypuses and echidnas in daylight and undercover!
Wollongong, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Loved it definately worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I visited the platypus house for the second time with a friend and I loved it again. The platypus and echidna are absolutely adorable. The admission is $20.00 which I feel is very reasonable. The tour guide was really friendly and very informative. The platypus were really active and a joy to watch playing in the water jets. The echidna are so cute waddling around. I definately would go again on my next trip to that area in Tasmania

Visited December 2012

Singapore
16 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit, even if it was pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Went with 2 kids, aged 10 and 6. This is the first time we've seen a real life platypus and echidna. Was cool watching the platypus swim in their enclosure and the guide was good with the kids, engaging them. The echidnas were real cute and were walking around us. Very nice! The biggest downside though is the high price. But my kids enjoyed it. We did the Tamar triple pass. This was the kids' favourite.

Mooloolaba, Australia
10 attraction reviews
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I loved the platypus house!

The platypus were very active and showing off, a delight to watch!

The highlight for me though was walking into the echidna room and seeing them running around on the ground. They are adorable!!

Watching both animals eat was also a good sight to see.

The tour guide was very informative and personable also.

18 attraction reviews
“I love Platypuses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

When I went to Tasmanania there were two things I wanted to make sure I saw, Devils and Platypuses. I got to see both (not at platypus house).

The platypus is an amazing animal. It was definitely worth the price of admission. I was disappointed with the short amount of time of the tour. Start to finish it was about 45 minutes. You do also get to see the echidna which are also very cool animals.

They offered a three sites pass which saves you about 8 or 12 dollars. It included Seahorse World and Beconsfield mine heritage site. Both worth seeing.

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“don't bother!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I would only recommend this place if you have never seen a playtpus or echiidna before. Cost $20 each, and the tour was pathetic. Lasted about 10 minutes an I learnt nothing. It was first thing in the morning, and it seemed like the tour guide had better things to do with her time. The echidnas were adorable, but we were not allowed to spend much time with them at all. So, again, if you have never seen these animals before, maybe go, but otherwise, don't bother. And, yes, I do understand that they are raising money for their research facility, but value for money still needs to be considered.

Visited October 2012