“Beatiful location, wonderful B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Whispering Pines Chalet

You added Whispering Pines Chalet to your Saves list
Whispering Pines Chalet
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   178 - 186 Falls Road, Wentworth Falls, New South Wales 2782, Australia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane
“Beatiful location, wonderful B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I am having one of the best weeks of my life at Whispering Pines, up in the the treetop apartment. In my initial email, I made it known that I needed to work uninterrupted (I am a writer) and Bill and Maria bent over backwards to ensure peace, quiet, and no distractions. The setting is glorious, the apartment big and spacious, with lots of character and two gorgeous sitting rooms that catch the sun and the breeze. The kitchenette is everything you need, and the breakfasts in the morning are fabulous. The grounds are glorious to ramble in, and there are mountain walking tracks right at the entrance to the property (just 10 mins and you're standing at beautiful Wentworth Falls). I must say that the person below who has rated this place one star without even staying here has been most unfair and spiteful. I saw with my own eyes how people just wander in, even though it's private property, and treat the place as though it's a public picnic spot. Don't believe the bad reviewers; it's rare to find a place so picturesque, with this much character, and with such caring, invested owners. I'd give this six stars if I could. I hope with all my heart I can come back one day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Gosford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed with 2 other couples at Den Fenella Wentworth Falls last weekend. It was fabulous! The house was perfect--- the kitchen was fully equipped with plenty of matching crockery,cutlery,cooking utensils and storage containers. The bedrooms are very spacious with comfortable beds. Den Fenella is perfectly situated close to the many walks available as well as walking distance to the town of Wentworth Falls. Maria and Bill are wonderful hosts! Nothing is a problem! They know the area thoroughly and are only too happy to impart their knowledge.We have previously stayed at 'Cottage on the Mall' Leura and 'Apple Blossom' Wentworth Falls. Both of these are of the same high standard. We will certainly be back. Very highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Whispering Pines Chalet is a perfect place for a relaxing weekend in the Blue Mountains. It's location is incomparable: just over the breath-taking Wentworth Falls. One can stay in the chalet for a week and go to a different walk every day without ever getting into the car.

The town of Wentworth Falls (3 minutes by car, 20 by foot) provides good, simple restaurants and bars while Leura, less than 10 minutes drive, shopping, cafes and fancy restaurants.

The owners, who renovated this beautiful wooden cottage and re-created it's inspiring gardens in over 20 years of continuous work, are warm and charming, excellent advisers on treks, food etc., and always happy to help.

The rooms are not cheap, but worth their price. .

We've returned to the The Whispering Pines Chalet for the 4th time now, sometimes just as a a couple, other times with our daughter and once with a family, taking two suites, and always enjoyed it tremendously. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Treetop suite is particularly charming, with a full view of all gardens from its balcony. if ex...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed over the weekend at this lovely cottage. Position was great, just a block from the shops and next to a beautiful park.

We stayed in both nights to take avantage of the open fire, which with a glass of red was just perfect. The kitchen had everthing we needed, there wasn't one thing we looked for that was there.

We found everything very comfortable and will definately be going back with a few friends next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed with another couple at Cottage on the Mall in Leura just recently. It was indeed a lovely cottage, well laid out to suit couples or a family, and it was perfectly located just a short walk from the restaurant and shopping strip of Leura.

I can't comment on the booking process because the other couple took care of that.

The heating was superb, with a wood heater as well as other heating (not sure if gas or electric) pumped through ducts all throughout the cottage.

The beds were comfortable and the water-pressure was great. The kitchen provided plenty of cutlery, crockery, pots and pans etc - all you could need. The lounge suite was comfy and the TV reception was good.

Now for the gripes, which are minor in the scheme of things but annoying anyhow:
1) We did a big grocery shop to last us the whole stay and found that we couldn't refrigerate our purchases properly because the fridge shelves had been broken and sticky-taped back together so that they couldn't support any weight.
2) The ensuite bathroom door didn't shut properly. It barely held shut under normal circumstances but as soon as the extraction fan was turned on the door would open every single time and was then impossible to shut.
3) It would have been great for a halloween party because there were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling of every room.
4) Most things were clean enough but I felt that this cottage was due for a good spring-clean, e.g. grubby fingermarks around light-switches, dirty stains on carpet and unclean windows etc

Although I thought the cottage-stay experience could have been improved by rectifying these points above, all in all it was a lovely place to stay and I would certainly recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was actually disappointed after reading all the reviews. I felt there was no warm welcome and expected a common area to relax in. Breakfast was average and thought having some heat and more of a warm feeling would help.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WhisperingPines2010, Owner at Whispering Pines Chalet, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I was puzzled and disappointed to read your review. Firstly, our whole concept is privacy for our guests - no, they do not share a common area (that is why most of our guests come to stay with us), The Garden Studio (which was your choice) has a separate entrance directly into our five acre grounds. It is not meant for people who want to socialise with other guests. It can be booked with a Room Only option or with full b/fast in our heritage-listed dining room. As for breakfast, you and your partner chose fresh orange juice, fresh fruit salad,cereals, yoghurts, toast and a traditional free-range bacon & eggs option from our menu - it is a bit hard to glamourise bacon & eggs - but you could have chosen from four other options including smoked salmon with free range scrambled eggs and fresh tomato, or cheese omelette with free range bacon and sauteed mushrooms, etc. I am at a total loss about the 'warmth' comment - the Garden Studio was very cosy when I walked you to the door and checked you into it. Our accommodation is private, spotless, peaceful - and, as our other reviews suggest, welcoming and friendly. Our location can't be beaten if you are a hiker - the National Park is literally at our gate. However, as you arrived after dark, perhaps you did not give yourself the time to appreciate this. Better research on your part would undoubtedly have found a traditional, all-in-together B&B more suited to your requirements..
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My daughter was getting married at the magical Yester Grange in Wentworth Falls in early May. I wished to stay in an equally alluring place to compliment the weekends festivities.The Garden Studio at Whispering Pines provided the perfect base to enjoy such a special weekend. The beautiful garden setting and suite where we stayed gave my husband and I a quiet place to reflect and prepare for all the activity associated with a wedding.Delightful hosts Maria and Bill supplied all the necessities for a wonderful stay including delicious breakfasts served in a divine period room. With the National Park abutting their garden the joyous trills of a lyre bird in the morning heralded the wonderful setting that is Whispering Pines, an elegant and gentle place to stay. I would definitely like to return here one day to take advantage of the properties proximity to the Wentworth Falls walking trails.The idea of winter walks preceded by a hearty breakfast are already playing in my mind and maybe an early morning walk before breakfast would result in the glimpse of that illusive lyre bird. I have always loved visiting the Blue Mountains and I have to say that staying at Whispering Pines contributed to making this trip a most romantic memorable and enjoyable experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Whispering Pines Chalet? Share your experiences!