“Relaxing Hideaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hideaway Retreat

You added The Hideaway Retreat to your Saves list
The Hideaway Retreat
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   50 - 54 Railway Parade, Wentworth Falls, New South Wales 2782, Australia   |
Canberra
“Relaxing Hideaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Lovely hidden understated hotel, we stayed for one night but wished we'd stayed more, gorgeous views and great value nice breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

My 'new' husband, Darren and I were recently wed at The Hideaway Retreat, and we had what was the most glorious day of our lives.

All of our family and friends were easily accommodated. Each and every single guest had a wonderful time and we have been spoiled with their well wishes for now and our future together.

The Hideaway Retreat is indeed a glorious venue, and the most perfect setting I can think of to get hitched!

The scenery is breathtaking, the venue extremely comfortable, and the staff only too willing to help and provide any assistance we required.

Our guests were all impressed with the venue, as were we, and the addition of a bagpipe player set the scene for a wonderfully romantic wedding. Made it we think!

We will definitely be back!

Colleen & Darren Neale

• Stayed May 2009
New South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

I needed to escape over the long weekend and a friend of mine had recommended The Hideaway to me as a place to stay and have a good time in the blue mountains. I did have a small amount of trouble finding the hotel (I guess there is a reason it's a "Hideaway") but after a quick phone call to the friendly and helpful staff I was back on track to having a great long weekend. During my stay other reasons why it's called the Hideaway Retreat became apparent, from the apparent seclusion to the breathtaking views. As a quiet weekend away I was only expecting to spend some time on my own catching up with a good book, but what I experienced was much, much better. Upon arrival I found the conference room turned into board-game central! After checking in I was invited to sit in and watch a game that was in progress and to my surprise and delight offered a seat at the next game. Needless to say I accepted and whiled away the night into the small hours having loads of fun in awesome company. Much more than I expected from my weekend escape!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

I attended an absolutely amazing and beautiful wedding at the Hideway Retreat! The bride and groom had exclusively hired the venue for the weekend, allowing their guests to stay in the quirky boutique hotel. Each room has it's own charming decor, and an amazing view to the mountains and valley below. It was wonderful to kick back, relax, go wild and not worry about how we were all getting home that night. That made us all feel better about visiting the bar and dancing the night away to the killer swing band in the marquee set up by the pool. In the morning we woke up to a fantastic BBQ breakfast by the pool – such a treat! The searing February heat also had many of the guests taking advantage of the pool. I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate tying the knot!! The staff were friendly, helpful, accommodating, knowledgeable about the local area and helped make this weekend truly memorable for the happy couple. The beautiful views, tranquility, relaxed atmosphere, comfortable rooms and a long list of things to do in the nearby mountain towns make the Hideaway the perfect place to escape to.. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

My partner and I held our wedding reception at the Hideaway Retreat in December 2008. It's a fantastic place for wedding parties, particularly as we were able to hire the whole hotel and have our family and friends stay overnight without any other guests there. The staff were very friendly - knew what they were doing, helped coordinate stuff from local businesses and overall helped to make our reception a relaxed and organised affair. The place itself is really beautiful too - great views which made lovely backdrops for some of our wedding photos, awesome pool (we had the reception dinner out in the courtyard next to it) and comfortable rooms with interesting decor (and yummy chocolates!). There are some nice bushwalks to do around the place too including one that starts at the hotel and leads to a pretty waterfall nearby. It's also really close to the Wentworth Falls village which meant our guests could wander off to get coffee etc when they wanted.
Overall, our reception went really well and all our friends and family loved the hotel. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2008
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

We used the Hideaway Retreat for an Offsite meeting over 2 days, our group of 18 jumped at the idea to escape from the corporate demands of Sydney as we all wanted to stay somewhere that had a chilled out and relaxed feel to it. On arrival we were greeted with freshly baked scones (which were still warm), jam and cream and tea and coffee. We'd hired the the retreat exclusively so that we had run of the place. All rooms were onsuite, and on ground level and on level 1. The decor of the rooms was fairly standard but still had a fresh and country styled touch to it. The rooms faced the swimming pool and had panaramic and never ending views of the greenery of the Blue Mountains. We had a mixture of great food for lunches and dinner and also morning and afternoon tea. Day 1 lunch was a bbq, and in the evening we had a buffet styled meal which allowed us all to try a bit of everything, it was a quality buffet and everything was served fresh. Prior to our arrival we'd requested the types of food we wanted on the menu and had also ordered our beverages alcohol and non alcoholic to be delivered so that on arrival our drinks were cold. I'd recommend the Hideaway retreat to Corporate groups wanting an escape, families or couples wanting a peaceful break or a romantic get away from the city. There's also a walking track off the section which unfortunately none of us got to test out but the options of bush walks out that way are endless. This secret little place is a beautiful place to be in. It's views are stunning and there's the options of so much to do or so little to do, totally up to you.

• Liked — The bush
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

This is a boutique style hotel attempting to offer a ‘value added treat’; and to a certain extent it achieves it. With very much a musical and theological theme throughout this place oozes a relaxed and isolated feel. The bedroom I stayed in was very comfortable and relaxing (although a better TV would have been appreciated). The accommodation is designed in a semi-circular fashion with all rooms on two levels facing towards the beautiful valley behind it. In the centre is an adequate swimming pool (which wasn’t in use during my stay) and neat, tidy outside lounge areas within the garden surrounding it. Although not a problem for me, it did strike me that my ground floor room could be ruined by noise and a lack of privacy if the weather was scorching and the rest of the rooms were taken up with families and their delightful kiddies. So if you’re san enfant I would advise going for an upstairs room. Breakfast is a simple continental style affair in a surprisingly scruffy room which contrasted the rest of the building. Not unpleasant though. The owners clearly take a hands off approach with virtually no sign of staff unless summoned by dialling 101 on the phone (interesting and spooky!). There was very little hotel type information in the room which further enhanced the homely feel so be prepared to keep dialling good old 101 to find out breakfast, checkout times etc. Perhaps you never need to check out. It’s up to you. It’s not a hotel. It’s your place. It’s nice. Its 15 minutes to the town (which doesn’t have very much happening in it). A night here is good but long enough. Unless you really want to zombie out that is.

• Liked — Free wifi & large, comfortable eroom
  • Disliked — Limited breakfast and no bar in the evening
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Hideaway Retreat? Share your experiences!