At first my wife had reservations of staying here as the reception and building looked bit older and as others have noted quirky or as having old school charm, but after we switched from upstairs to downstairs room and enjoyed our first 2 nights as we originally booked we added an extra night as we relaxed and appreciated the hotel for what it is. A place to wind back and relax, and even though free wi-fi is available and with quality beds in each room (perfect height to give partner massage with free massage oil and hand crafted soaps provided) the older touches of the hotel and theming of einstein or mozart throughout are the feauture that stands out and gives the hideaway its charm and character. The hidden room behind the bookcase was a suprise we only discovered on last day which left me wondering what else I may have missed. The breakfast was simple but satisfying and the games room was a nice place to relax at the end of the day with free pool table, board games and xbox. As it is downstairs out of way we didnt have to worry about it closing a 9pm like a lot of games rooms and as blue mountains isnt exactly a night hotspot it was where we relaxed each night after dinner. But there was also fire place to relax if games arent your thing in reception area. The hosts were very friendly I highly recommend staying here as a nice retreat for couple looking to get away and rewind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small family owned and run Eco guesthouse and bush retreat. Set on 32 acres of virgin bushland in the heart of the Blue Mountains with a friendly relaxed atmosphere and an ever evolving, eco driven, organically farmed community living experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Hideaway Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hideaway Retreat Centre Hotel Wentworth Falls
- The Hideaway Retreat Blue Mountains/Wentworth Falls