“Yep” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Goulburn, New South Wales, Australia
“Yep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Eaten here once and had takeaway a few times. It has pretensions to offer a gourmet approach to pizza, but to be frank the place would never survive if it were closer to town. It's been said that pizza is good even when it is bad, and in my opinion this principle is the savour of this place. Aldo's down the road offers a better experience, simply because the food does not pretend to be other than what it is .... Aussie style pizzas with generous (too much) topping.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brisbane, Australia
“very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We tried salad pastas and different pizzas.The pasta was nice but the rest were just plain and dry.The service was fine but they had a party on the same night and it was too loud and too hot. The pizzas were cold by the time we got ours.Would not recommend this restaurant at all.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney
“Nothing to write home about.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have been here about 3 times with family and friends. The people who I have come with usually eat the same item from the menu when they come. I ordered a custom made pizza, last time I went to Embers which I have had made in about 20+ different pizza restaurants in NSW. It was the worst I have ever had. Tasteless, boring, minimal ingredients. I didn't like the sauce base, it is the worst sauce base I have ever had. I eat out a lot, and I wouldn't go back to this restaurant if it was my choice. I only went back originally because I went with friends that are locals. About a year ago, I had a mushroom risotto at Embers which was above average, but it was on the specials board and wasn't available when I asked on the last visit. I have had a pasta on another occasion and it was very average, not very tasty and anything to compliment. Unless you are a customer that is used to the one menu item (or a local with not many other options and don't like traveling far), this is not something that I would recommend. I hate paying for food that disappoints.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
pa.
“Gourmet pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We visited Embers twice while in Richmond. They have delicious salads and pizza's. My only complaint are the lousy pizza crusts. They taste like pre-made crusts, meaning not made there. i would think they would put more effort into their crusts to make their pizza's really spectacular.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kurrajong
“Great Food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We have visited Embers both as a couple and as part of a larger party booking. The food is always plentiful, very tasty and not overly expensive. The banquet menu we had for our son's 18th was great value and the owners went out of their way to accommodate us, even adding a course when they felt that we were waiting too long for our food. Definitely recommended

Visited June 2011