“what an experience to remember!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blair Athol Estate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverell
Blair Athol Estate
You added Blair Athol Estate to your Saves list
Warialda Road, Inverell, New South Wales, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Inverell B&B and Inns
melbourne
“what an experience to remember!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Wow, this place is amazing. We travel heaps and have rarely stayed at B&B's, but this place blew us away. The service was wonderful and welcoming, the food outstanding. Totally private rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, luxurious fittings and condiments. So close to town, so not an issue. Just an overall delightful experience. highly recommended!

Room Tip: we had the coach house. amazing!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
BlairAtholInverell, Owner at Blair Athol Estate, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. I'm delighted you enjoyed the coach house. It's only newly refurbished and we are still trying to improve it all the time. Thank you again and I hope we see you soon. Kim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Byron Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I don’t normally frequent B and B’s – I’m nervous I’ll end up in a cast of Fawlty Towers. Blair Athol couldn’t be further from the truth. Fabulous, comfortable, grand old home and gardens only 2 mins from the western end of town (don’t be mislead by the 6kms, it’s closer than you think). Kim does a delicious breakfast, complete with free range eggs plucked from the chook cage the previous day.

This was private, peaceful, clean and spacious. I felt spoilt in the sumptuous four poster bed, and a walk around the gardens revealed a beautiful view across the range towards Queensland. Gorgeous place, great hosts. I aim to go back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Coffs Harbour, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I have stayed at Blair Athol several times, and each time I have loved being welcomed in to such a lovely, antique house. I have had the pleasure of staying in several of the rooms which all hold the charm of the 20th century.The house and surroundings have an intriguing history behind them, that boast a sense of welcoming.
Kim, the owner, is very hospitable, friendly and caring and it is a pleasure to be welcomed by her into such a magnificent place.
The food provided is immaculate, every time I have stayed at Blair Athol I have had something new, different and delightful. Kim is a wonderful chef.
The gardens surrounding the house are manicured and inviting and are very enjoyable to walk around.
It feels like you are in another world when you visit Blair Athol, as every time my father and I stay it feels like we've been transported back to the 1900's. It is so interesting to learn about everything Blair Athol has to offer.
I would definitely stay again.
Recommended for couples, families, weddings, functions, for long stays or quick getaways.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent - definitely the largest top bedroom is by far the best!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
gold coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

“My husband and I have stayed at Blair Athol 4 times so far and have booked again for the new year. After our first experience we look for excuses to visit this special place. Blair Athol transports us to another time and allows us to relax and bond as if we were the only people around. Kim, Blair Athol's owner, is both welcoming and yet unobtrusive when we want to be alone, but an interesting woman with a depth of character and warmth when engaged in conversation. Her caring personality and generous country hospitality make us feel like we are visiting an old friend. We have stayed in many B&B's in Australia, but Blair Athol with Kim at its heart is our favourite. We love the ambience and serenity, the history and the beautiful old building as well as the welcoming atmosphere of Blair Athol and its lovely hostess who shares her beautiful home with her guests. We prefer to dine in for dinner because Kim's food is 5 star quality and we tell our friends that if they want a truly unique experience that will be a highlight of any trip, then Blair Athol is the destination to choose, We drive a 12 hour round trip just to spend 2 days in this perfect haven and we most certainly and whole heartedly recommend Blair Athol and it's lovely hostess to you”.
Mary and Wayne. Springbrook

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
BlairAtholInverell, Owner at Blair Athol Estate, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
I appreciate your comments. I'm delighted that you find Blair Athol peaceful and our hospitality friendly. I love looking after my guests and really enjoy your return visits. Thank you.
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Wow what a beautiful old places just amazing the service was perfect the room was grand and the setting just to die for all in all this was a great stay I would tell anybody that wanted to stay in a good old fashioned country home Bed & Breakfast then this is the places to go the Lady that run/own this lovely old house is just beautiful and so helpful ask Kim for anything and it is no problem this would have to be one of the nicest stays we have had in all our travels MORE THEN HIGHLY RECOMENDED

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
BlairAtholInverell, Owner at Blair Athol Estate, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. To receive feedback like that is really helpfull.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have had the pleasure of staying at Blair Athol on a number of occasions for work. I now choose to stay their in my own time for weekends. The Estate is a beautiful testimony to "finding that special place where you can relax, enjoy, unwind and recharge". The Estate is on simply beautiful grounds that are welcoming and peaceful. There are quiet places where you can sit in the country sun and read a book, play a life size game of chess in the outdoors or simply wander through the expansive beauty of this property.
The hospitality is impeccable - with a fine mix of warm welcomes and respectful privacy for your stay. The food is truly 5 star - with much thought and love put into every dish. This really is a passion that the team at Blair Athol so graciously share through their culinary skills and the produce is so very fresh and much of it grown right there on the premises.
I have also had the opportunity to hold a dinner meeting for clients at Blair Athol. The arranging of this went seamlessly with the professionalism and broad experience of the management team. The menu, the facility, the staff and the running of the night went perfectly and this was confirmed from the widespread comments received from our many clients who attended - in that it was the best dinner meeting on all accounts that they had been to in a long time.
I have truly fallen in love with Blair Athol as a destination - the accommodation ( especially the front room overlooking the beautiful driveway into the property ) is superb and one B&B that should feature on your list of stays. So if you have not made your plans to get to Inverell - sharpen your pencil and get it on the list - it is well worth it.

Room Tip: Front room (upstairs ) overlooking the driveway into the property
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Tamworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011 via mobile

We booked this place for our fifth anniversary and we could not be happier with our choice the room was huge the bathroom and foyer was as big as most studio suites then the main room was obscenely big but we battled on with this. The grounds/gardens are what you would expect of a manor of this age. The only slight negative and I am clutching at straws here is that it is a bit out of town but mate this is the only draw back (they didn't do dinner while we were there). We can thoroughly recommend this place for any occasion you can think of.

• Stayed October 2011
I'm so glad you had a nice stay and took the trouble to write a review. I am sorry that I was unable to provide dinner. I try and offer dinner to my b&b guests as much as I can but was unable to that weekend. I hope that we can see you again and you will be able to dine in.

Been to Blair Athol Estate? Share your experiences!