Just had 3 nights at Peppers Coorabell...
Let's start with the positives....
1. The food in the restaurant is top quality fine dining. Definitely some of the best food I've had the pleasure of eating.
2. The location is excellent set in beautiful countryside, the restaurant setting looks over towards the creek and is stunning place to have dinner.
3. The staff were helpful and friendly.
4. It would be a perfect wedding venue.
Now the negatives..
1. No Internet or phone in the area, not a major problem although you can use wireless in the restaurant reception area free of charge.
2. Not too much to do at the resort, we were expecting to stay at the "retreat" more with facilities to to unwind and get away from things.
3. Breakfast wasn't great just fruit/cereal and very basic. Not much choice.
4. Finally this made us decide we wouldn't return to stay at the retreat again. The accommodation just wasn't worth the $385. First of all two apartments are adjoining so you dont have too much privacy. The facilities are the same as a hotel room, mini-bar, tea and coffee making. For a retreat we expected a room which was livable, comfortable and somewhere we could spent time in. It just wasn't somewhere you looked forward to going back to or spending time in.
To summarize we were disappointed in the accommodation, we expected something more luxurious to stay in, the room just wasn't comfortable, it was very small and not somewhere you wanted to spend any time in, the sofa was terrible and the outside area had just a wooden table and chairs. We left disappointed and will not be back. We haved stayed in far better places in the Byron area, it was a shame the accommodation didn't live up to the surroundings.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Casuarina Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Coorabell Retreat is an intimate rainforest retreat set in the Byron Bay Hinterland on NSW's far north coast. With deluxe accommodation in charming cabins, you'll find the perfect escape to relax, rejuvenate and be pampered whilst still being able to enjoy the distinctive beach atmosphere and lifestyle of one of the most popular seaside destinations in Australia, Byron Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Paradise One Retreat. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.