“Te Quiero MiraMar!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MiraMar Yelapa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yelapa
MiraMar Yelapa
Bozeman, Montana
“Te Quiero MiraMar!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

MiraMar was the best. :)
I visited with a friend (see review below) and it could not have been an easier, more delightful experience.
This is Yelapa with all the comforts of home... and none of the stress. Right next to El Cerrito (good food - even better live music), a quick walk to the beach - it's in the middle of everything (and the middle of nowhere - all at once).
I can only hope we will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ukiah, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My friend and I spent a week in Yelapa this March. We could not have had a better time! Kendra and Fernando are excellent hosts, very helpful with great communication. Mira Mar's location could not be better, the views are perfect, and the accommodations clean and comfortable. We would highly recommend going out on an excursion with Fernando, hitting the beach every day, and exploring the town and trails.

Thank you for an amazing experience!

Room Tip: A perfect option for couples is the Casa Manta Ray, a family or friends should enjoy Casa Playita, a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We took a January 2013 trip to Yelapa with Miramar and stayed in Casa Manta Ray. First, it was so nice to have the folks at Miramar to help us navigate our arrival trip to Yelapa from Puerto Vallarta. The casa was great and our view was absolutely amazing...it was literally a paradise view to wake up to each morning (see my photo!). While we spent a good portion of our time relaxing, the fishing trip with Fernando from Miramar was incredible....WE CAUGHT 19 TUNA!! (see my other photo!!) To make it even better, we had fresh ceviche on the boat with the fish we caught and cooked fresh filets in our casa later that night. They also have one of the best looking and nicest boats in the bay which made the excursion enjoyable. I highly recommend Miramar both for their condos and the activities they offer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
El Dorado, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

As a Kansas Hunting Guide and Pro-Staffer for "Above the Game Outdoors" I have substantial experience with outdoor adventures, but I really didnt grasp the concept that this trip was going to be way more than just an outdoor adventure!

Dec 3rd-10th 2012, my family and I had the pleasure of experiencing Yelapa with assistance of MiraMar and their services. Fernando and Kendra really know how to meet your every need right from the time you step off the plane, or in my case before I even got on to a plane. Yep, Kendra and Fernando helped me to plan a secret beach wedding months prior to our arrival.

Late on our first night there my wife and I walked the cobble stone path, across the big river to the main beach where I had planned to propose to her under a caban. Seconds before I popped the big question my wife spots a locals boat being badly beaten by the surf as it crashed on the beach. By the time I had found the owner of the boat it had taken on water and was only half visible. The young man and I quickly ran to the boat trying to save it from the sea. I could hear the fear in this mans voice as he called out to his cousins and later to whoever could hear him. At that time I quickly realized this this boat was this mans lively hood, as many of the people you will encounter in Yelapa, this man survived off of the sea. When this realization struck me I quickly knew that I was about to put my life on the line to aid this man. As I ran into the water and began taking a beating from the boat and crashing waves I realized that the ring that I was getting ready to propose with was in pocket on my board shorts.

I needed my full attention on the boat so it wouldnt pin me against the beech underwater, so unfortunately I have to give my wife the ring in a "quick take this and then go grab the anchor line and run up the beach" sort of way! Several other persons came to our aid minutes later and the boat was rescued. I proposed to my wife on that beech moments later, steal sucking air as if I had just ran a marathon, and married her the next night on the other more private beech in front of our casas at MiraMar.

Wedding services were amazing! Kendra and Fernando do all inclusive destination weddings, which are truly out of this world. I never thought in a million years that I would be able to afford a wedding like that one MiraMar provided for me. The beech was beautifully decorated with all local palms and flowers. The Chaplin came ashore via boat from Puerto Vallarta, my bride descended from the visually magnificent staircase from our casa above, Kendra took photos, music played (and it seemed that angels sang) as we were wed. Fernando and his kitchen staff prepared and catered the most magnificent feast I have ever encountered!!!! Fernando closed our wedding dinner with a fireworks show that blasted aerial mortars from the mountain side above to over the water in front of us.

Thanks to MiraMar I could go on and on about Yelapa; its wonderful culture, its beautiful scenery, its humble people, its out of this world food, its grand adventures or its world class fishing, but I can sum it up for you real fast by only saying one word, AMAZING!!!!

Kendra and Fernando I had an amazing time and can not wait till the next time were down, I'm already saving money for another grand fishing trip with Okley Activites!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I spent a lovely week at Casa Manta Raya in Yelapa in late November, 2012. Kendra and Fernando were very gracious and attentive hosts, yet they gave us a lot of space and were never an intrusion. The walk to the casa is about five-ten minutes from the town dock. The main beach is about a five-ten minute walk away from the casa. The casa is located down about 40 stairs from the main road through town. While we never had a problem with the exertion, do be aware that there are many steps and a short but steep hill to get to the casa.

The casa was well-appointed and stocked with many necessities. Obviously, a lot of care went into Casa Manta Raya. The firm mattress was comfortable, the deck has a fabulous view of the goings-on in town, and the kitchen was small but very functional. The bathroom was spacious with a fine shower and water pressure. The stairs down to the small town beach were a nice touch.

The upstairs casas were still under construction when we were there, but Kendra and Fernando made sure that the work above didn't detract from our experience.

Yelapa itself is an absolute joy. Friendly people, very laid back and comfortable. Kendra and Fernando can recommend some great restaurants, and do NOT decline an invitation for dinner cooked by Fernando! He will treat you to fresh seafood and other local delicacies. Divine!

A wonderful place to stay during a wonderful trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

How do you get a four star rating in a three star hotelito? Add Fernando! I have this theory - all Fernandos are guapo. Born and raised in Yelapa, speaks fluent English and understands the importance of excellent customer service, a fine chef with amiable character and yes, handsome. Really I hate this guy! : )

MiraMar is a work in progress. Fernando and Kendra are adding two additional units this season so you will see construction but comes to a halt in high season, so nice is not an issue. Presently there are two units directly on the bahia with killer views. Casita Manta Ray is a one bedroom unit with kitchen and nice terrace. And yes, sure enough I saw leopard rays on my second morning there. I would describe the furnishings as "Early Fernando".

Casita Palmita is one floor up with brand new terrazo. Two bedrooms with capacity for a large family. Two bunk beds and a king size bed in one room and queen size in the other. Very spacious split level with kitchen, dining and living area on bottome level.

The longer I stayed in Yelapa (six weeks and counting) during August and September the more I appreciated windows and screens. The majority of accomodations in Yelapa - I would say 90% are open air. I like to get my bug bites while hiking not while sleeping. Plus when it rains you are going to get wet. So I really appreciate knowing I will get a good night's sleep, not get wet from wind and rain.
MiraMar offers many tours including fishing, snorkeling and boating to remote places like Dos Marietas. Is worth the price you pay especially if Fernando prepares a tasty ceviche from your catch of the day. Provecho!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

That's the environment that Kendra and Fernando are trying (and succeeding) in building in Yelapa. We've stayed in 4 different and unique spaces during our trips to Yelapa and there's was the easiest to just relax in. Most of the homes in Yelapa are beautiful, and MiraMar is no different, but Kendra and Fernando, having exerience living in the US, understand that management is key to a successful rental. The kitchen is stocked with the common things you would think to look for in an American kitchen (cutting board, wine opener, matches, candles, etc). Kendra is amazing at talking to you and suggesting the types of excursions that might make your trip the most enjoyable, without wasting your time and money on the ones that might not suit your group.

Fernando's cooking is phenomenal, and his restaurant "suffers" from the same excellent service. The only bad thing is that we ate at his restaurant the first night, and so were comparing every other fare to his--consistently in his favor. Fortuantley this problem with easily solved--we just ate different things at his restaurant and kept coming back.

What a beautiful house and life they've built here at Manta Ray and Yelapa. The house was amazing but it was a distant second to how amazing Kendra and Fernando husband were. Everyone on the cove is friendly but they take it to a new level. The invited us and our young daughters (3 and 6) to bake cookies on X-mas--what an an amazing memory and it was the best "excursion" we had on our trip. I can't wait to return this year and see the "addition" that Kendra was working on last December!

It was an honor being touched with such kindness, and whether I'm able to find availalbility with them or not, I've found my go to people for trips, food, and advice on soaking away the time with my family in Yelapa.

Room Tip: The one closest to the restuarant! :)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to MiraMar Yelapa? Share your experiences!