“Great casas in the jungle paradise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casas de los Suenos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yelapa
Casas de los Suenos
Marlyn 70, Yelapa 48300, Mexico (Formerly La Casa de los Suenos)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Yelapa B&B and Inns
Boise, Idaho
“Great casas in the jungle paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We had a great time staying at Casas de los Suenos! The knowledgeable and friendly hosts helped us find great places to eat and things to do in Yelapa. The accomodations had a great conneciton with the beautiful jungle surroundings without being too rustic, complete with bathrooms and mini-kitchens. Yelapa was a very relaxed and fun place to visit., with great food and a great beach.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Just wrapped up a trip with a large group (11), and our stay at the Casas de los Suenos was perfect. The grounds were beautiful, and it's hard for the photos to really represent any of the views from Corona, Grande, or Buena Vista. When you wake up in the morning and see the sunlight unfolding across the river towards the beach...let's just say that the a photo just can't capture it. The houses are really, really well put together and it's apparent how much work goes into 'keeping the jungle at bay'. Beds were comfortable, coffee every morning was a treat (as well as 5 o'clock margaritas).

Yelapa is one of those places that can create a certain type of experience. When you head down there with the right expectations - it will deliver on all fronts. I'll remember my trip to Yelapa for the rest of my life (what I can remember - have fun with the raicilla - I did).

Also of note - Shannon can connect you with Sergio in town. Sergio is the man. He took care of us and made the the water taxi a breeze (as well as our taxis to and from the airport).

I'll never forget that trip, the people we met, and our stay at Casas de los Suenos.

Room Tip: Corona is uphill. Up. Hill.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Yelapa is a wonderful spot on this planet to remove yourself from the daily work routine and really settle into a vacation that sets you apart from the rest of the general tourists visiting the bigger cities. This is a village and the people who live within this town are some of the nicest people that I have met in my life. One person in particular, is the owner of Casas de los Suenos. Her name is Shannon Yates and she goes above and beyond with customer care with her guests.

The place is like a dream and every single picture that is on their website is spot on and in my opinion the pictures do not do justice to the beauty that surrounds you while staying at Casas. My husband and I came across this magical place while searching the internet for possible destination wedding sites. We did not want a wedding at an all-inclusive resort, we wanted it to be more personable and unique and this place made our wedding even better than I could ever imagine. We had 15 people with us in our group and everyone was saying that it was the best vacation of their life by the end of our 4 nights there.

The huts had wonderful beds with very useful bug nets. All the linens were like brand new and the pillows were comfortable. The showers all worked well and the bathrooms were very nice. All in all every room on the property has it's own unique design and there was not a complaint from any of the 17 of us the entire time. One thing that was especially nice was the fan that was plugged in by every bed. It was so nice to have a breeze blowing since we were there in late October which proved to be a bit humid and hot all day and night. I stayed in Corona del Sol, but when I visit next time I think I will stay in the loft of the Casa Grande. Casa Grande is a beautiful unit with a gorgeous view and a lot less steps to climb up to get there! I liked that all the units were spaced apart and everyone that came with us liked that there were steps and paths to get to the entryway of each hut.

Our wedding at Casas de los Suenos was beautiful. We had April Jones at Passion Flower next door cater our dinner right in the main kitchen of the community area and we married on the bridge over the lilly pad pond in the middle of the property. I thought I would want a beach wedding but after we saw the beautiful landscape and lush greenery of the property I am so happy that we married right were we were. I thought I would have a great wedding down in Yelapa, but "great" does not even describe the magic of this place. My wedding was better than words can describe.

If you love to be waited on and love the fancy details of all inclusive resorts you should not come to Yelapa, but if you feel like every resort is the same no matter what country you go to, it may be time to give Yelapa a try. Casas de los Suenos gives you many of the comforts of home, but it also opens your eyes to living in a different and simpler way. It is an adventure and the steps and hilly paths may give you a little more cardio than a normal vacation, but the originality and feeling of being far away from normal civilization will make the time you spend there worth going to work everyday to save for a vacation.

You can cook your own food at the property or you can walk a short distance to an amazing place called Oasis. This is a 2 minute walk and you can eat breakfast lunch or dinner and they make amazing drinks and have very good wines also. The beach is a very short trek and the crossing of the river to get to the beach is no big deal. I am a pool type of girl and I had no problem crossing the knee deep water to get over to the beach bars for the day. And let me tell you when you do get across over to the beach bar I recommend heading straight to Isabellas Garden to have a passion fruit margarita with chili salt and see if she has clam chowder on the stove, because it is the best soup you will ever have.

So if you are looking for a getaway to escape the normal tourist route book your trip with Shannon and create some everlasting memories of a little village called Yelapa. You will probably never go to an all inclusive resort again after visiting here ;) I will be a return customer!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dawson, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

This property is not only beautiful and unique, but it also has the romantic ambiance lingering of how it might have been when Hollywood greats Bert Schneider and Benny Shapiro used to spend their time there in the 80s entertaining guests like Bob Dylan. I loved listening to the peaceful jungle sounds at night and I love how casa los suenos opened up my mind to a possibility of accommodations I could not have previously imagined. I loved every minute of it and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Casa de los Suenos for a weekend to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We were looking for something that was beautiful, quiet and relaxing. We were not disappointed! We stayed in Corona del Sol, and we felt like we were in a treetop hideaway. The view was stunning, and the sound of the birds was just lovely. Shannon was extremely helpful for planning and preparation. If you want an experience that is off the beaten path with rustic charm, then Yelapa and Los Suenos is the place for you!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Upon learning that the boat taxi to the remote village of El Chimo was not running, we decided to check in early at Casas de los Suenos during our honeymoon. The caretaker, Maria, was very accommodating and hospitable, giving us the full tour and letting us have our choice of the many, unique and beautiful casas. We stayed in the Casa Neo and very much enjoyed the spacious patio, kitchenette, bathroom and the King Wonderbed! The prices are quite reasonable and the grounds are lovely, with very nice landscaping. Maria recommended an excellent Thai food night at a local restaurant where we were able to enjoy an open mike and the crazy sounds of the jungle with some locals and ex-pats. Yelapa itself is a bit off the beaten path and rustic or rural is definitely a good description (once you get beyond the beach where all of the booze cruises stop for lunch). There are no ATM's in Yelapa, so bring plenty of cash! Maria was kind enough to take a credit card for the room charges so our cash supply wasn't totally depleted. And her son was clever enough to show my husband how to break open a coconut! The place has a very neat story behind it (Bob Dylan was a regular at one time!). But it should be very duly noted that this is on the interface of the beach and jungle. You are definitely IN the jungle (baby). I'm kinda squeamish about bugs and things, but I survived with nary a close call. I absolutely cannot wait until we can make another trip down to Yelapa, we will definitely stay at Casas de Los Suenos.

Room Tip: Come immediately after the busy season...
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I've always longed for simple sweet lodging, near the sea, with good beds and good coffee. I've found it and more at Casa Grande at Casa de los Suenos. It was Heaven. There were four of us in the "casa" and we socialized frequently, but feltt in each other's way. I can't begin to list all of the wonderful things, starting with our host, Shannon, and ending with happy hour margaritas on the patio with good friends. It's a wonderful, romantic place, that isn't too fancy or fru-fru. Thanks, and I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Casas de los Suenos? Share your experiences!