“Lovely spa break weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cisswood House

You added Cisswood House to your Saves list
Cisswood House
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Sandygate Lane, Lower Beeding, Horsham RH13 6NF, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lower Beeding
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely spa break weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

My friend booked this hotel for myself and two friends to have one spa treatment, evening meal and breakfast for just £100 each so excellent value for money. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who informed us our single and twin rooms were in the new wing of the hotel on the ground floor. It was a fairly long walk to the rooms but we passed the spa treatment room and the pool on the way so we could see what we were getting!

Our rooms were very spacious with lots of wardrobe and cupboard space and the showers were very powerful!

Our spa treatment of a back massage was very relaxing and we got to use the pool and the hot tub/jacuzzi pretty much to ourselves which was a treat.

Our evening meal was very tasty, we all had different starters and mains and the portions were enough to satisfy us. My friends had dessert too and they looked very appetising.

Breakfast in the morning was buffet style but you could ask for any extras if they were not on the self serve menu. It was hot and plentiful. There was plenty of hot tea and coffee available along with fruit juices, pastries, cereals as well as a good selection of hot food. Really pleased.

On the whole we had a great time, found it relaxing and ate some lovely food. Would recommend.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Vikki M, General Manager at Cisswood House, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review Cisswood House Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed all of our facilities during your stay and you left the hotel feeling relaxed!
It was a joy to read your review and the comments therein. I am pleased you had a pleasant time with us and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chabanais, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We visited relatives in Sussex and decided to stay in a nearby hotel for one night. This is a very pleasant hotel with surprisingly pleasant staff. We did not use the restaurant, nor did we have breakfast. If you like 'country house' style hotels, you will like this one.

On the debit side, there is no lift to the bedrooms upstairs and the staircase is somewhat narrow. This was a struggle for us (fit late 50s) but, unless staff carried luggage for you, less agile people would baulk at this.

Our deal was £100 for a one night stay for a couple. Not too expensive but certainly not a budget hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Cisswood House Hotel here on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and your kind comments about the team here.

I note your comment about there being no elevator within the hotel and unfortunately we do not have this facility due to the traditionally styled building it would not be possible or practical to introduce this. We do however have a large selection of ground floor rooms and we offer assistance with luggage upon check in, my apologies if this was not offered to you as a member of the team would have been only too happy to have assisted with your luggage, however I will readdress this with our front office team to ensure this is not a training need and is consistently offered to all guests.

I do hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, thank you once again for your review.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had one night at Cisswood House.
Hotel is nice enough and rooms are large with all you need for a weekend.
The facilities are adequate and grounds are lovely.
During our stay there were 3 staff members that we professional and nice, with the remaining staff, rude, totally inexperienced and couldn't raise a smile at any point.
Reception lady and lady with long brown hair in the dining room of an evening were great, along with tall shaved head man.
It was such a turn off to see one young lady with keys hanging off the back of her trousers and showing her underwear and her attitude was just as offensive.
Your staff have really let you down.
There are too many quaint places with great staff to ever return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Firstly my apologies for the delay in responding to your comments here on tripadvisor please be assured we take all guest feedback with great seriousness.
Thank you for taking the time to review Cisswood House – I am delighted to read that you found our grounds, accommodation and facilities to your liking.

I thank you for your kind words in regards to my Receptionist and other members in my Restaurant Team. I have noted your points in regards to presentation and attitude of other team members, please be assured that these issues have been addressed.
Please accept my sincerest apologies; this is not a true reflection of the quality of service we offer and I apologise that on this occasion you felt that we had let you down, at Cisswood House we pride ourselves on our customer service and I am deeply disappointed this was not reflected with all members of the team during your stay, should you at some point in the future wish to visit us again I ask that you contact me personally.

Travelers are raving about these Lower Beeding hotels

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Took the excellent value Living Social package deal which included accommodations, 2 spa treatments and free bottle of wine. The reception staff were always courteous and extremely helpful in the lead up to our stay dealing with our requests and pre-booking our spa treatments. My complements to Gareth for his help.
On arrival we decided to upgrade to the Garden Suite. Lovely and spacious with bay windows looking out on to the garden.
The whole place was pretty quiet as there were no events on. Most of the staff are quite young, however they are polite and helpful.
The swimming pool is in reasonable condition and there is a well-equipped gym, although the changing rooms could do with refurbishment.
Food in the restaurant is pub standard. On the second night we left the hotel to eat at The Pass restaurant which is high-end dining and is highly recommended and is only a mile down the road.
In all this is a reasonable mid-level hotel which when priced at the package deal offer great value for money.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the suite's if possible. The view from the garden suite is lovely.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Cisswood House Hotel in October.

I was pleased to read how helpful you found my team previous to and during your stay and how much you liked your upgraded room, the garden suite is certainly my favourite with a fabulous view of our beautiful grounds.

I note your comments with reference to our leisure changing rooms and whilst refurbishment was completed on our ladies facilities this year the plans are still being finalised for our gents facilities but I can confirm these are due to be refurbished in the very near future.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I visited here a couple of years ago for a friends wedding so when I saw a deal on Living Social I jumped at the chance to revisit. The hotel overall was good, our room was very clean and fairly spacious. It wasn't as luxurious as we had imagined from seeing photos however it was nice for 1 or 2 nights. The grounds are nice and there is a small pool (with jacuzzi/sauna facilities) and gym. We had a spa treatment each included in the deal and although the spa was small it was relaxing, enjoyable and the staff very friendly. The staff in the main hotel were also helpful and friendly and for breakfast there was a good spread of continental and hot food options.at the right price and if in the area I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

It was very pleasing to read you had returned to the hotel after attending a wedding here a couple of years ago and I am glad on the whole you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words about the team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay, we hope to welcome you back again.
Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here on Friday night on a freebie from Virgin Money. We checked in and were immediately upgraded to an executive double. ( as it was a freebie they didn't have to do this!)
The room was lovely and clean with a king sized bed, bathroom impeccable.
We had dinner in the restaurant just steaks but really nicely cooked.
Couldn't fault the place, the staff are pleasant and v helpful

Room Tip: Room 14 is nice and quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Cisswood House Hotel.
I was delighted to read your comments and to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am glad you found the room and food to your liking and my team to be helpful, I hope you will return to the hotel in the near future.
Many thanks once again.,
hertfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I went to this hotel for a mother/daughter spa night away and got a good deal on living social. The rooms were ok- good sized but fairly basic. The spa is basically 2 rooms so not what we had in mind! They had a small pool and gym aswell.

The main disappointment was the food in the restaurant! The quality was awful and we did end up complaining.

All in all it could be such a lovely hotel but needs modernising and working on!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review your stay it is with only both positive and negative feedback we can continue to improve our standards and endeavor to meet and exceed our guest expectations.

I am sorry you felt that our facilities were smaller than you envisaged I receive a lot of positive comments with regards to the leisure facilities we offer so I am sorry you were disappointed.
I note your other comments and would welcome you to contact me directly so as these could be discussed in more detail.

Been to Cisswood House? Share your experiences!