We celebrated my brother's birthday with the tasting menu in the hotel's modern, chic dining-room adjacent to the bright busy open kitchen. The service was superb but unobtrusive, the food delicious. Unexpected additions such as the amuse bouche and petit fours complemented the dinner. Breakfast the following day was made to order and was equally good.
Our room, Montclair (532) was at the back of the hotel and huge with spectacular views of the tree-spotted, purple hilled South Downs and contained all the trappings of a luxury hotel and more;excellent sound system, robes, slippers and iron. Our bathroom was almost the same size and contained a flat screen TV which you could watch while in the bath. Unfortunately we did not have time to explore the gardens which looked beautiful from the window of our room. The hotel has many lounges and seating areas so although there were a lot of people staying it never felt over-crowded. Such a shame we only had one night here......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the silver award for 'Hotel of the Year' at the Visit England Tourism Excellence Awards 2010, South Lodge is less than an hour from Central London and nestles amongst 93 acres of stunning woodland and parkland. A magnificent, former family country house – it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind whilst indulging yourself with fine wine, gourmet food and unbeatable horizons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your South Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Hotel Lower Beeding
- South Lodge Hotel Lower Beeding, West Sussex, England