Stayed 1 night in Monarch master suite- this is largest and best suite in hotel and is very well appointed as well as being huge- bathroom is larger than some flats I have lived in! Really felt special having the space and luxurious decor etc. As unseasonably warm April day enjoyed drinks on the terrace in the afternoon and had dinner at Camelia. This is perhaps were the hotel falls down slightly as the service and food are not particularly polished but prices are almost "fine dining" high. The lack of polish was continued in the service throughout to be honest and whilst it was good enough lacked that level of customer service that separates good hotels form great ones. Since we were guests in the best suite one might have expected the reception staff to ask if we had a good time and were planning to return etc but nothing - just handed over bill and that was that. Not in the same league as other Exclusive Hotels we have stayed at but nonetheless enjoyable with lovely grounds. Lack of a spa a downside too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the silver award for 'Hotel of the Year' at the Visit England Tourism Excellence Awards 2010, South Lodge is less than an hour from Central London and nestles amongst 93 acres of stunning woodland and parkland. A magnificent, former family country house – it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind whilst indulging yourself with fine wine, gourmet food and unbeatable horizons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, Hotel.de, Splendia and TripOnline SA so you can book your South Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Hotel Lower Beeding
- South Lodge Hotel Lower Beeding, West Sussex, England