“Lovely cafe, excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe, excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We came across this place by accident & I'm so pleased we did. Staff were very friendly & attentive, the food was great, it arrived quickly & was fantastic value. We even had a Mr. Whippy each for dessert which were bought to us at our outside table - what service! As for the previous "water rip off" comment, my mum wanted just water to drink & got a HUGE glass of tap water with ice for free - can't think of anything less "rip off", can you? Would highly recommend coming here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Felpham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had the best evening - food fab, staff so friendly and kind really clean and bright and beautiful inside. Nothing was too much trouble. The prices were really reasonable too with a range of delicious main courses under £9!! We all ate different dishes and everyones was a taste sensation. We would really recommend the Putting Green Cafe and cannot wait to go back. A joy to have something so good in LA!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Welcoming cafe by the sea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Since the new owners have taken over the Putting Green Cafe has gone from strength to strength. Food is delicious and I like that fact that all mains are the same price. The manager obviously takes a lot of pride in the menu and I have never had a bad meal. Good value and variety for the children too. Particularly like the local art exhibited on the walls and the community spirit of the place. I attended a film night, which was really good. Freshly made popcorn, cold beer and good company, definitely look forward to the next night.
Would recommend the putting green cafe for young and old, lovers of food / coffee / ice cream and fresh cakes!! Not to be missed.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Birthday Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

A fantastic place- might not look the most glamorous from the outside but once inside, the space is light and colourful and staff are friendly and helpful. I arranged to have my Birthday bash here - Silvio and team were great! They listened to what I wanted, from menu to drinks to table arrangements and supported us in ideas we had and most importantly let us have the party we wanted without ridiculous restraints, additional costs or complications you so often come across with hiring out venues. They made all guests feel really welcome and the night was excellent. I would highly recommend having your party at the Putting Green Cafe :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A Delightful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

A friend and I just happened upon this modest eatery on a hot day. We were warmly welcomed, as was Max my small dog who happily sat under the table with a large bowl of water.
The menu though not huge was sensible and a dish of Seabass with courgettes and potato, was delicious and as good as any I have ever had anywhere. The cost was unbelievably reasonable and I felt that if I lived nearby I would give up cooking and eat at this establishment!
Puds were café standard but the coffee was good. The owner was most concerned that diners were satisfied - well he need not have been and if I am in the area in future I will make a detour in order to eat here again.
I must mention that though unpretentious the place was cheery and bright with decent art work on the walls and altogether pleasant. Give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013