“Water ripoff” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Surrey, England
“Water ripoff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for a quick drink. My husband had a coffee and I had a bottle of still water....£1.60!!! It's 'only' £1.30 at the expensive East Beach Cafe. We won't be back in a hurry humph!

Visited July 2013
LAWoman_13, Owner at Putting Green Cafe, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your visit to the Cafe and that you did not try our food, which is incredibly good value. we do also offer chilled tap water to all paying customers on request.

Shoreham-by-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“A great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were in littlehampton with grandson and family from rustington and wanted a late lunch the east beach cafe was crowded and the staff looked a little harassed and to be fair the menu was overpriced for what it was.
We found the Putting green cafe because the grandson wanted to go on the beach train.
The menu looked good and reasonable, entering we were greeted by staff who were friendly and very helpful, and we ordered two paninis chips, I was hungry and ordered the mussels and frites. Grandon and wife came in and had tea and macaroons. The tea was incredibly god not a mug but a ood size china teapot, not the normal stainless steel version, paninis arrived with chips in a separate little pot, the bacon brie with side salad and the goats cheese pepper my family said was mint. My musselsvarrived a few minutes later as they were cooking, thet were served in a large pot with finger bowl and really scrummy bread. They were outstanding, the cream wine and garkic sauce was spot on and the mussels were fresh that day. At £7-95 a bargain, the paninis were around four pound and my grandson enyed the frenh macroons too.
I totally recommend the cafe to anyone and will definately be returning.

• Visited June 2013