“Fresh and Hot” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night Food, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Hampshire United Kingdom
“Fresh and Hot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Fabulous breakfast very highly recommended all fresh food and hot when served
The staff are friendly and the place is quirky and clean
Wouldn't take any notice of the only bad review if we had we would have missed this real treat which will now be a very regular place for us to eat

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and generous portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is our new favourite for basic, home cooked meals which are always tasty, generous and well presented. A varied menu which includes an excellent and really cheap children's menu. A roast cooked every day - and breakfasts are also great. Well worth a visit!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chichester, United Kingdom
“The only reason to visit Littlehampton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

After talking to my friend who highly recommended Toast café as a place to eat I decided to treat my family to breakfast before our day out in Bognor.

We were greeted as we entered, and to our surprise the waitress even went as far as turning over the tv channel (yes they have two large tvs placed on the wall which play as your waiting for your food) to put on cartoons for our two youngest sons! This kept them entertained until their breakfast came out! Excellent idea! Our two youngest sons ordered their breakfast, which came out on a plastic buzz lightyear plate, with separate areas for their food. Very child orientated and certainly found they were more eager to eat their food from their ‘special buzz’ plate.

The menu is extensive, tailoring to all of the families needs. There was a vegetarian option for my husband, a sandwich on fresh cut crusty bread for my eldest daughter, a small breakfast for my elder mother and a toast special for myself, which I admit I could not finish due to the large portion size. A toast special indeed. Food was served on hot plates, and top quality food, including decent sausages rather than the cheap sausages which I have experienced being served in other cafes I have visited. The coffee was high quality coffee, and very cheaply priced!

The café had a very welcoming and family inspired feel to it. A lovely atmosphere indeed. The waitresses appeared to greet certain customers/locals by their name, and noticed that they went as far as helping two apparent locals who appeared to have some kind of learning difficulties with their orders, and to their seats, assisting them with opening their drinks and providing straws. Very lovely to witness as my eldest daughter suffers from down syndrome, and have often eaten out in places where it is apparent that people are staring or passing judgement.

The café was very clean, and obviously no dining experience would be complete without a trip to the toilets! Very colourful experience! Pictures of pokemon characters and superheros have been placed on the wall, which when I enquired I was told were done so by a local artist! A great way to distract my son during his nappy change! Toilets were very clean and clearly regularly monitored.

After browsing through the extensive menu it is clear that toast café serves a wide range of meals varying from hot to cold, which all I must say cheaply priced. I will definitely be taking my family back but this time for lunch! After speaking to the waitress at the counter I explained how my mother lived near the area on her own, and we were going out for the day to take her out. The waitress handed me a take away menu and explained there is free delivery on any order within the area, fantastic for my mother!

Overall one of the best cafes I have visited and I shall definitely be returning with my family!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The worst cafe this side of alpha centauri”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The breakfast served was the most unbelievable muck I've ever encountered. Go there only if you have completely lost interest in life and just want to die.

Visited August 2012
West Wittering
“Lovely value for money cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Thankfully the putting green cafe were not serving meals only sandwiches so wanting a more substantial lunch we stumbled upon Toast. 2 coffees, 1 roast chicken with stuffing, yorkshire and 1 (huge) steak & kidney pudding with mash and veg for less than £15.. Fantastic value. Will definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Food