“Good value restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 96 Restaurants in Littlehampton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, European, English
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good value restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Nice venue and welcoming staff with excellent service. Huge tasty starter portions of calamari and whitebait but the two mini Thai prawn rolls we were served were disappointing .... especially when it seems that on the whole the portions are actually all very well sized. Mussels and fish main courses were well tasty and wine reasonably priced - would definitely recommend this place and would go again.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere and great for fish - good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I always enjoy the food here. Usually go for fish and chips and like the fact that you don't have to have your fish done in batter, I always have mine grilled and it's great. The calamari starter was excellent. The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Bracklesham Bay
“Would recommend to ALL FISH lovers !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Delicious cheesy garlic bread in portions big enough for at least two. I ordered scallops and for some reason they arrived 10 minutes after every elses starters (apologies were offered) and I was so disappointed!! three tiny little scallops and they were TOUGH!! I admit I am not a huge fan of fish and go because the family love fish. I ordered the Jerked Pork and it was awful - fatty pieces of meat with horrible thin chips that tasted of fat!. I didn't enjoy it! Having said that everyone else at our table enjoyed their seafood dishes esp my husband and daughter who loved their seafood pasta dish. If you are going as a group but are not a lover of fish and think you could have something off the alternative dishes menu - I have tried most of them now and wouldn't repeat any of my choices. ALSO - WORD OF WARNING: wear woollies if the weather's chilly because it's a big building and hard to heat (we were told by apologetic staff) and some of us didn't take our coats off whilst we were there. Needless to say we will probably go there again as everyone loves it and yet again I will struggle to find something to eat and feel bloody awful and hungry!! Its what Mums do !!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good menu and big portions, lovely waiting staff but venue a bit chilly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Delicious garlic bread and cheesy garlic bread in portions big enough for at least two. Moist tender Dover sole. Bouillabaisse was fantastic. 5/5 for the chips. Apparently the hallibut was good enough for Jehovah. Nice to have fresh fruit salad in the kids menu (£6). I'd come here again, but wearing woollies if the weather's chilly because it's a big building and hard to heat (we were told by apologetic staff) and some of us didn't take our coats off whilst we were there.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nice atmosphere and good service. Good quality food and well priced.Always enjoy going either as a couple or family

Visited December 2012