“th new sussex hotel lancing sussex” 4 of 5 stars

The New Sussex Hotel
182 South Street, Lancing BN15 8AU , England   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Lancing B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“th new sussex hotel lancing sussex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have just come back from an enjoyable stay at this hotel. The rooms were of an excelent standard & the breakfast was very good. The staff were very friendly & helpful & there was an
exceptionally large enclosed garden which was very good for children.
The rooms are over 3 floors however, so people who have trouble with stairs should make sure
to ask for a room on a lower floor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

While in the UK I had the pleasure of staying at the New Sussex Hotel. We arrived late, after mid-night, and to our astonishment Patrick (the owner) not only waited up for use but he also had food for us even though the kitchen closed hours before. Patrick was extremely friendly and did not seem put out by our late arrival. The hospitality did not end there. We were served a "Full English" breakfast with a table reserved for us each morning and the food was AWESOME. The following day one of my fellow travelers asked Patrick about when the shop across the street opened so the he could buy cough drops. After breakfast we crossed the street to buy the cough drops and we found Patrick at the shop buying the cough drops for my friend. There is more, I was dealing with the worst jet lag that night so after our seminar that day I took a nap and woke up after the kitchen closed, and Patrick reopened the kitchen just so I could have a burger (it was a very tasty burger too).

I stayed in room #1 and it was a very nice suite style room. It has a queen size bed, a sitting area with a bay window with an ocean view, a closet, full bathroom, flat screen TV and a bean bag chair. The room was good sized and the bed was a lot more comfortable than I expected. The bathroom was a bit small, and since I am not a small person (ok I'm kind of fat) it was a squeeze to get in and out , but it was doable.

Room Tip: Room 8 has a balcony that over looks the Garden, but I would stay in room #1 again.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

A business trip to England and just happened to stay at a hotel above a Pub !
It was just across the street from the ocean.
Arriving at midnight our host Patrick was waiting up for our late arrival and promptly fed
us before showing us our rooms for the night.
The rooms are all newly remodeled and quite nice along with great plumbing which can be
lacking on past travels to England.
The service was terrific as we were served a full english breakfast each morning at the
requested time. Patrick went above and beyond for all of us during our stay and this , along
with the friendly Pub atmosphere and seaside location made this the perfect place to unwind
after daily work seminars. I would recommend this place to all who like the sound of a
old fashioned hotel built above a very nice Pub a stones throw from the Atlantic !
Thanks again to Patrick for the great hospitality !

Room Tip: The rooms are all a very nice size with one room being a bit smaller, the garden view is in the back...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Medway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at the New Sussex Hotel a couple of times over recent weeks and only found this place by accident as I had been let down the first time by the infamous Whitehouse B&B in Shoreham - don't even go there - just read the reviews - and so ended up having to hunt around for a hotel at short notice. I eventually found the New Sussex and must admit that my hopes weren’t high in terms of the standard of this place, as it doesn’t look too great from the outside and situated on a busy roundabout. However, despite my initial trepidation, I have to say I was blown away by the quality of the décor in the rooms. They’ve obviously spent a lot of money on the place and the food in the Restaurant is superb. I had an outstanding evening meal and the breakfast that Pat made in the morning wouldn’t have looked out of place in a 5* hotel. The hotel is 3 minutes’ walk from the beach and has many local amenities and restaurants in close proximity, including an excellent Indian. The only thing that bothered me slightly was the noise from the traffic; but that's a minor detail and it wasn't enough to stop us enjoying a bit of a lie in.

I realise that by writing this review, I may be limiting my chances of getting a room at short notice at this hotel again, but I have to set aside my selfish interests and give others the opportunity of enjoying this fabulous and very pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: Room 6 o 7 as they're at the top and have views of the sea.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for 2 nights. The room was lovely and not at all noisy as some have said. The pub was very nice and its on the sea front. We checked in very late and the staff were very helpfull however there seemed some confusion at checkin. They did not seem to know what room we were in! having contacted the hotel in the morning I remembered what room number so they just took my word for it. The room was very modern and clean so very nice indeed. However when we went for breakfast on the Monday morning we were told that the person who did the food was out. The lady working there said she could "get us some toast or something" No! we wanted the cooked food I had read about. She kindly offered to cook us some even though she had never used the kitchen. Eventually the man who cooked the food turned up and we were given a poor excuse for breakfast. The stay overall was very nice but no one seemed to know we where there, we did not check in or out, so overall a bit of mix. Would I stay again.......YES but i would make sure everything was in order first.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Some colleagues stayed here for a few days and I joined them 1 day for Breakfast.
It was gorgeous............. Cant comment on the rooms but all my friends raved about the hospitality and accommodation. Keep up the good work Patrick and make sure none of your guests leave their mobile phones in other peoples cars lol
Grace...Worthing Herald

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed here for a whole week on business recently and then again for a night the week after. For someone who travels extensively it was a nice change to finally stay in a place so accomodating and friendly. The staff are second to none (and Vic does a fantastic breakfast!) on the second week Pat waited up for us till 11.15pm to check us in and ensured we had the same rooms as the week before. This hotel i can not recommend more, i stay in large well known hotels on a regular basis but The New Sussex Hotel was probably one of the best local privately owned places you can get and the food/bar is great too!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to The New Sussex Hotel? Share your experiences!