“Another perfect meal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Lancing
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving up its specially selected menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, Seasonal salads and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Another perfect meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2015 NEW

My first steak was overcooked but was replaced swiftly with no problem at all with an absolutely perfect steak! Great service, quick service, lovely wine and all around good night out, very impressed

Brighton, United Kingdom
“The best steak I have ever eaten....and that's no lie! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

We took my mum here to celebrate her birthday recently and I went up earlier in the day to drop off a birthday cake, helium balloons and a flower arrangement for the table...Amanda was extremely accommodating and cannot thank her enough for the assistance she gave me...even asking what table I would like etc....great service and an asset to M&C.
When we arrived, everything was all set up....we had a free bottle of champagne (compliments of M&C, as a birthday gift, it's worth getting on there mailing list to receive treats like this every so often by the way!)
I ordered the grilled cheddar mushrooms with warm garlic focaccia on the side (I have this every time, it's my favourite starter of the lot!!), all beautifully presented on a black slate plate....my nan had the king prawn cocktail, both were tasty great starters.
3 of us had the fillet steaks and I have to confess, yes they are on the pricey side but are absolutely worth every penny. I have eaten steaks of the same price range in some of the finest restaurants in London and will say, they are not a patch on these. Cooked exactly how we all liked them each....you could cut through them literally like butter, they were that good! They tasted amazing and with the option of the sauce on the side meant you could either devour this beautiful steak as it was without it being drenched in it. All came with silver pots on the side of very well seasoned fries, an onion fritter which simply went well with the steak and also a side salad bowl each of half an iceberg with whatever topping you requested on it. Small things like this make for a very well thought out main meal. It was all very filling but made damn sure, I wasn't leaving the steak, no matter what!!
My brother had the gammon served with 2 eggs on top and fries, think he seemed to enjoy his too as it was polished off pretty quickly!
Only he could have a dessert, as the rest of us was pretty full! He ordered the warm chocolate brownie and said it was perfect! The staff then came out with my mums birthday cake all lit up and singing....a lovely thing to do to round up mums birthday meal!
Well done to all the staff here that served us this night, mum had a lovely night to remember, and felt very special with all the attention. We are all looking forward to going back and luckily we have more birthdays to celebrate in June and August! Lol
This restaurant is truly superb and can say we have visited several times in the past and it has always remained consistent throughout, the food has always been to the same high standard and the ingredients sourced for it have never changed too....which means that every time we've been here, we've never been disappointed and it's always been a beautiful tasty meal every time.
The decor is cosy with nice comfortable seating, modern low lighting and is impeccably clean throughout.
The staff are all friendly bubbly and accommodating....always got out orders right and gave you just enough time to sit and peruse the menu between courses without the feeling of being rushed out the door....in fact we had such a lovely evening here, we were pretty much the last ones to leave!
You have to book this restaurant up, even if it's just the once.....but be warned, we said the same a while ago too.....and those steaks are too damn good to go anywhere else now!!
Well done M&C, keep up the good work....and to the Chef of course!

“Nice steakhouse if not a little pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW via mobile

Had a reasonable meal at this pub/steakhouse although I would say it was a little overpriced. Scallop and chicken wings starters were very tasty, sirloin steaks were of excellent quality although mine was a little over cooked with very little difference between my medium and my dates well done steak.
I pointed this out to the waitress who offered to cook me another one but I stuck with it as it was still very tender and tasty and they knocked one drink off the bill which was good service.
The surf and turf add on was a little dissapointing consisting of a tiny amount of lobster Thermidor and three quite dry butterfly prawns. Also not sure what the bowl of just lettuce supplied with the main was about! Surely a proper side salad would have been a nicer touch.
Have to say the service was excellent, our waitress was very obliging and helpful when it came to figuring out any special dietary requirements.
My only advice when visiting this place is maybe order your steaks a little rarer than usual as they seem to be cooked a little longer than a lot of other steakhouses.

Visited April 2015
uk
“customer care no chance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 NEW

lovely pub , a shame the land lord has no respect for customers at all, and if you complain about the service or anything at all then youll be asked not to come back at all, so if you fancy going to a pub where the customer is always wrong you know exactly where to go.

• Visited November 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lancing, United Kingdom
“Improved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

Following a very disappointing visit a few months ago I was sent a voucher to use on my next visit. I went with the same friend I was with when we actually could not eat the main course It was so disgusting. On the recent visit. Everything was excellent. We chose the same .table as we'd had previously. We were taken to the table by a very presentable young man. Our waitress, Kadina was smartly dressed and very accommodating. (She was not aware we had a voucher.) I feel confident that I can use the restaurant again in the future. Good for me as it is a short walk from my home!

Visited April 2015