“Hearty food fantastic service. Stunning restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Haywards Heath, England
“Hearty food fantastic service. Stunning restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Wow love the new look limes!
My son partner and I have just enjoyed a fantastic hearty breakfast accompanied by beautifully made lattes and freshly squeezed orange juice. We are looking forward to coming in soon to sample the dinner menu.

West Sussex
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Lovely evening at Limes of Lindfield with friends. The service is spot-on - very attentive without being intrusive. The meal was superb. 2 of us had duck which was absolutely delicious, one had the Balcombe rabbit pie which he said was "amazing", and the other had rib-eye steak with chips which was "gorgeous". The red wine was lovely and the restaurant itself is very clean and inviting. All together a superb evening. We would definitely recommend Limes of Lindfield and we will definitely return. Thanks to all the staff who made it such a good evening.

Haywards
“Delightful food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Visited Limes on Monday and had a lovely surprise. Limes has been refurbished with more deep colours in furniture and flooring. The exposed brick walls and deeper colours give the place more character.
The baked scallops with panchetta in Madeira sauce came in impressive large shells. They were delicate cooked and flavoured. A positive change to fried scallops or with heavy sauces you find in other places. This starter was ideal for an evening meal as I prefer not to have heavy food at night. The chickpea pancake with creamed kale and fried egg was light and also delicate flavoured but it could have had a bit of spice somewhere in the dish.

The manageress suggested Malbec Organica wine to go with the main course. This is a light fruity wine that complemented the dish well.
I am looking forward to trying next time the poached pear with chocolate sorbet and spiced bread, it just takes my fancy.
The level of background noise was fine, the texture of the chairs (they look thicker) and the wooden floor may contributed to that as the place was fairly busy. Modern restaurant can be a bit too noisy for my taste, with floors, walls & windows, well, naked.
We will be back to Limes, I found staff charming, well informed on their food & wine, and food and service excellent.

Visited January 2014
LimesLindfield, Owner at Limes Bistro, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Consuelo,

Thank you so much for your review, we are really glad you like our new look - we love it! We did choose the padded furnishings purposely, not just for comfort but also to reduce the background noise levels in the restaurant.

See you again soon at Limes we hope!

Mid Sussex
“Wonderful bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a great bistro on the Lindfield High Street. Have eaten here many times over the past few years and it is always excellent. A top notch place for a business lunch or a special evening. Easily one of the best places I've eaten at in SE England.

Visited August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review and your recommendation. We certainly aim to be one of the best places to eat in SE England and your kind words of encouragement are very much appreciated.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Best Hidden Secret - "dont tell anyone else"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I and my friends - total party of 6 had a lovely evening here (they don't stop talking about it!). Food was excellent, staff very knowledgable and definitely worth a visit.

The grilled sea bass with ginger, chilli, hot sesame oil & jasmine rice was a delight, very fresh fish perfectly cooked, with the spices bringing a lovely balance to the overall dish. Excellent.

The venison was exactly that, with the meat having been cooked gently and slowly until it was really soft and retained its texture and earthy flavour. Another delightful dish.

The pigeon was triumphant. The breasts were halved lengthways and was served perfectly pink, with crispy skin and beautifully tender meat. Sharp knives were on hand but were entirely unnecessary.

The whole roast Balcombe mallard, chips & béarnaise sauce (we apologised to our two guests – sorry we all tucked in to your dish) BUT IT WAS JUST TO GOOD

The home-made breads on offer were delightful and I used all of one roll to mop up my plate (I know not the done thing), it was far too good to return to the kitchen.

The dessert was also excellent, with the home made ginger ice cream and poached pears complementing very well indeed.. Lemon grass crème brûlée, poached Clementine & vanilla pod was a first for some of us (We did an Oliver and went back for seconds) One of our number had ordered the cheese board, This was astonishing, both in terms of range and quality and well justified the supplement.

There's no doubt that as much care was taken over the choice of these as over the preparation of the rest of the meal.

I have dined here on several occasions for lunch & dinner and can honestly say that I don't believe that I will ever come across a better dining experience than this.

NOTE: it is difficult to secure a reservation however there is a legitimate reason for this (Limited number of tables). It lives up to the hype on every level.

The restaurant itself is not at all pretentious and the food is out of this world. The staff have achieved a perfect balance between friendly and professional service, as well as tending to your every need whilst not being in your face.

It is a relaxing environment where you can easily hang around for hours on end taking in course after course of gastronomic genuis.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear David,

Wow, I'm lost for words. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review, it is very much appreciated by ourselves and our staff. It really is pleasing to hear from our satisfied customers. I'm sure it won't be long before we see you again.