“Twice in a week and just as good the second time!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Twice in a week and just as good the second time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our first meal on a Tuesday evening was for a friend's birthday. 4 adults and 3 teenagers all enjoyed ourselves so much that, when I asked my daughter a day or so later, where she'd like to go for a Saturday lunch, she said 'Jeremy's' with no hesitation and I didn't check to see if she was sure!
The menu's are very well chosen and the food is carefully sourced, expertly prepared and beautifully presented. On my second visit I deliberately chose dishes which weren't my first choice and I had no cause to regret it.
Excellent and friendly table service.
We'll be back!

“Usual high standard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We are regular but not frequent diners at Jeremy's.
This time there were a total of 9 of us for dinner and we had a very enjoyable evening, the food and service were, as ever, first class.
The only possible quibble was that there was little room in the bar for a pre-dinner drink, but really that is a minor problem as we were fully aware, from previous visits, that a largish party and small bar do not mix.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Good, but outstanding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

So, we've recently moved down from London and are struggling with the supposedly "outstanding" expensive restaurants in the area. This is the standard anglo-french cuisine and was very nice, but pretty expensive for something that didn't feel to be particularly interesting. We also didn't particularly like the room - it isn't very intimate.

Sussex does great pubs - this appears to be where the great (and great value) food is.

Visited April 2013
Brighton
“Very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

OK so we have been up here many times but gone next door to Cafe Elvira. On this occasion the cafe was full of screaming kids (Easter Holidays)and so we decided to have lunch at Jeremy's. We had always walked past and glanced in but it looked a little pokey and dark (food always smelled nice though which should have been a giveaway).
Anyway when you go inside you realise that the main restaurant is facing out on to lovely gardens the other side of the building and is actually a quite nice space. Intimate but airy and light.
The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and they managed to find us a table (just the one left) at short notice. This should have also told us all we needed to know as this was a Wednesday lunchtime !!
Needless to say the table was presented great and we were offered drinks almost immediately - no waiting around to catch the waiters eye. The menu was varied and got the juices flowing. We both had the Moroccan Spiced Grey Mullet for starters. Wow...light and tasty with a green tapenade on the side which was a great zingy compliment to the delicate fish. 10/10
I then went on and had the lamb. Cooked to perfection with a rosemary juice and fantastic veg creation, couldn't be faulted and didn't over face you.
My partner went for the Cod and it was delicate and dropped off of the fork when prodded with even the most gentile of effort. Great dish also.
The carafe of wine was a nice touch for those wanting just a little less than a full bottle (it is lunchtime after all), quality tipple.
Both left feeling full but not stuffed, reasonable value for what was a lovely lunch in lovely surroundings. Could not fault the staff, food fantastic. Would be difficult to beat.

Horsham, United Kingdom
“A lovely treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Small restaurant but lovely attentive staff. Fabulous choice of food along with a good selection of wines. Most impressed with the carafe of wine option, perfect for couples who dont want to over indulge. This is the 2nd time I have eaten here after the 1st having a christmas lunch work party, however this time for dinner. I am always a bit sceptical of going somewhere like this twice through fear of being disappointed or it not being how I recalled, however this I was not. We were given a loyalty voucher so we will definately be returning. Just to find a special occasion to go......although its that good I think I dont need to think of 1!

• Visited March 2013