“Good for all the family over New Year 2013. (Silver room).” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Butlins Bognor Regis Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlins Bognor Regis Resort
You added Butlins Bognor Regis Resort to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Upper Bognor Road, Bognor Regis PO21 1JJ, England   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Good for all the family over New Year 2013. (Silver room).”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

2 adults, 2 kids (5&7yrs), last minute booking into a silver room (double+twin).

Checkin was easy... we arrived at about 1230 and the guys on the gate were super efficient and friendly, directing us on where to park and how to checkin. We waited about 5mins in checkin line, then it took 1min to receive our keys, etc. We went to our room a couple of times prior to the stated 4pm availability time (just to see if it was ready) but it wasn't ready til 4, which was fine and expected.

We immediately set about visiting the kids indoor play/rides which were great and we had a chill/coffee adjacent... could see the kids at same time. Some other times during our stay we had a snack/pint while the kids played. For a 3day trip the rides are great/varied, though most of the time we were there the outside rides were flooded or shut due to wind/rain.

Evening ents in the 'Center Stage' are very professional, though sometimes rather boring for the kids... a whole hour of Blues-Brothers tribute on New Year's Eve did drag on a bit! There are other options on where to go, but the awful shortness of seats mean you can't switch and change and expect to get back in again.

Our only real problem was that despite the HUGE centre-stage showbar, we consistently struggled to get a seat... on the first night (Dec30th) we got some chairs (but no table, partly due to some people having reserved literally TEN tables, with only one person guarding them!) around 630pm, but then left to see a kids show in the pavillion (nowhere to sit there either). When we returned to the centre-stage at about 8pm there was NOWHERE to sit. We were luckier on Jan1st as we were about 15mins before a big rush, so we did get a table somewhere near the back. On New Year's Eve itself there was a queue for hours before the doors opened (530pm), and we we in it somewhere from about 5pm. We did manage to get 4 chairs that night but no table, which is a bit of a pain with kids/drinks for 7 hours.

This over-filling does seem a bit daft... they know how many people are there yet the entertainment doesn't seem to be able to cope with that at full capacity. I suppose that maybe some other bars were more empty, but I have heard that more accommodation has been built quite recently without adding to the facilities, so it does seem obvious that some things will be crowded.

Our room was great for a last-minute, budget room. Clean, and spacious, with the kids in a room to themselves. Where we were (end of a long terrace in D101) we got no passing traffic and all was quiet... it does seem that the walls are paper-thin though so I suspect that our neighbours were just quiet/sensible people.

Swimming was good, though the main flume was shut when we went (maybe always?). The others flumes were good though and had only small queues. Water was a bit cold to be honest, but not too bad. When we went it was busy but no queuing to get in, but as we left there was a big queue of people waiting to be allowed into the pool.

Had planned on leaving the site to visit Brighton/etc but didn't bother in the end, partly because of the hideous weather, but mostly because there was plenty to do, and the kids were happy to spend hours on the indoor play/rides whilst we chilled with coffees/beers. We were also so stuffed from buffet meals twice a day, that we struggled to move much :)

Meals were not posh but perfectly pleasant and wholesome... suitable for all the family, with reasonable choice and huge quantities if desired. This is definitely a bonus of this kind of holiday, except that one is tempted to cram it in and then be uncomfortably full for hours... must - stop - eating!

Overall, great, and if it weren't for the weather limiting our enjoyment of the outside (and cancelling the fireworks), and for the stupid seating issues in the showbar, it would have been PERFECT for a cheapy.

Will look into it again next year.

Room Tip: Silver room is fine, but would strongly suggest you get a dining plan included.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care at Butlins Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent break at Butlins.

I'm delighted to read that you and your family had such a great time at Bognor Regis. It sounds like you really made the most of your stay! In reference to your comments on the Centre Stage seating, this may have been due to the huge popularity of our New Year break. Of course we will feed this back to our resort team.

It would be lovely to see you back again soon.

Many Thanks,

Danny Rich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

10th year of seeing the New Year in at Butlins and each time it gets better; this is mostly down to the 50+ people I go with but Butlins is a great venue for family and friends with children (even the grown up ones) to celebrate in... Would highly recommend NYE at Butlins... Celebrated my 40th their and will be celebrating my 50th birthday their thus NYE already booked...

• Stayed December 2013
Wow! This has really made our day.

It’s fantastic to see that you’ve enjoyed 10 wonderful breaks at Butlins, a huge thank you for choosing us to celebrate your special occasions!

We can’t wait to see you again.

Many Thanks,

Danny Rich
Wellesbourne Hastings, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Never been to Butlin's before so booked a very last minute NY break staying in the only silver room left. Accommodation basic, old TV, shower and beds but for the money we paid this was ok, if we paid the full asking price then this would have been a rip off. Have given a poor rating for the room as they do need refurbing now and are too much money. The parking isn't near the accommodation (unless you are in the hotels) so you will need a trolley. Asked if we could hire towels and they gave us 2 free. The staff/red coats were amazing, very friendly, helpful and great with the children (especially Tiffany). Even though the weather was awful there was enough inside to keep us entertained. Food was fine, we were booked to have the basic dining package but upgraded to The Deck. The only niggle was the evening meal time - 4.30-6.30pm is too early and NYE was until 6pm! And also the Centre Stage seating area smelt of sweaty socks so had to sit at the back! Got to see Jessie J, Olly Murs and Michael Buble tribute acts who were really good and Three's a Crowd acoustic duo were excellent. Disappointed that the fireworks were cancelled but it was very windy! Overall a great family break and thinking of booking Minehead this NYE.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget then silver rooms are fine but don't expect too much! Upgrade to Chef...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Been here twice now, once for an adult weekend and once for a family holiday, enjoyed it both times, location is good, entertainment is good, accommodation is what you pay for, although I stayed in the silver and silver plus, its worth paying that bit more for the plus, seemed cleaner and newer, only real down side is the on site food, not very nice at all! On our last day we went up the road to a brewers fayre much better and loads cheaper too :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care at Butlins Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We’re delighted to read about how much you enjoyed your family break in our Bognor Regis resort.
Perhaps you may find the Diners Choice option more suitable for you and your family on future visits, this offers you a wider variety of dishes and a more relaxed environment. Perfect for eating as a family.

We can’t wait to welcome you back again for another break soon.

Natasha
Butlins Customer Care
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have just returned today from a 3 night new years eve break. Stayed at the wave hotel which was pleasant and clean. Kids rooms were great but check in unorganized and lenghthy. Room wasn't ready until nearly 4pm. On new years eve itself I was walking back to my room carrying my 2 year old son and 2 large bags. There was alot of jostling and I bumped in to a man who turned around shouted something at me and tried to push me over. He pushed me another 2 times before walking away with his wife. I immediately got security who happened to be standing close by.and told him what had happened. He said he was aware of a commotion but hadn't seen the incident so could do nothing about it!!!!! Security back at the hotel were helpful and understanding although I got a knock on the door the next morning from 3 security guards I hadn't met the eve before to say I had an hour to pack and and wake my son and get him ready and we were to be evicted as was the man who had tried to push me over the eve before. As there was no cctv that captured the incident (in one of the main areas which I find shocking) and we were both involved we both had to leave. This even though the man had accepted he was wrong and was prepared to write me an apology. The security guard that knocked and very un sympathetically gave me this news was adamant there was no one higher that I could go to. He also refused to come back to the room to speak with my partner when my partner immediately rang down. Fortunately my partner did quickly find someone higher to speak to and the situation was resolved. We were able to stay but this left a bitter taste. My 2 year old had to be woken up unnessesarily after a late night seeing in new year and was unhappy and I had to quickly pack up all our stuff after being unceremoniosly and unneccesarily woken up on new years day. No apology was ever received. I will never return to Butlins.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ButlinsResorts, Social Media Team at Butlins Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this incident at Butlins Bognor Regis. We're really sorry that this spoiled what should have been a very lovely family break. I have sent this on to the resort director who'll make sure that this is looked into as soon as possible. If you have any other information that we can use, or if you have any other questions please contact me at tripadvisor@butlins.com.

Many thanks,

James
Harlow, Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in a deluxe property. I didn't like the fact that I had to constantly go upstairs to get water and to wash up cups. The accommodation was clean, and housekeeping was excellent.
The one thing that they did not provide was Cash Bingo. This is something I only do when at Butlins, and is part of my holiday.
We generally go to Butlins, Minehead, which is far superior to Bognor Regis. I wish we had gone to Minehead instead.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We used to go to Butlins as kids and are now enjoying sharing this experience with our children. You won't find glitzy here, but you will find good, clean family fun. There is something for everyone and the programme is always packed with activities and entertainment for all age groups. The amusements and fairground are not the latest, but this is not what Butlins is about. There's plenty of opportunity for your children to meet and have their photo taken with their favourite character with fireman Sam, Angelina ballerina, Barney and of course, billy bear and Bonnie bear.

The accommodation is good considering it's age. We stayed in a 'gold' apartment which was clean and had all necessary equipment (including a dishwasher and DVD player).

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable break which we highly recommend.

Room Tip: There's a wide choice of accommodation, ask for a top floor room so the noise of those moving ar...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Butlins Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!